superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermanica new entries  (Read 27936 times)
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 08:05:47 PM »

Byrne and Post-Byrne?!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!  :wink:  :lol:

Who goes there?!
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 08:32:59 PM »

Paging the RE-editor! :twisted:
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 09:42:09 PM »

Quote from: "The Starchild"
Does anyone know who the Kryptonian is?  Kryptonian, are you on this forum?

He's got Byrne and post Byrne material in two entries - Lex Luthor and Clark Kent.

I posted about this on his talk page and on the Lex Luthor discussion page, but I don't think he noticed.

oh crap, I'll edit it.

I just copied the old Lex Luther entry from this site.

I will try to fix Clark's as well.

and someone else can touch it up to make it perfect, but please no Iron Age stuff!!! :x

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 09:45:15 PM »

Nice work, old bean! :twisted:
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 09:59:09 PM »

I completely re-did both Lex and Clark Kent.

Check them out, both texts were taken from this site. So don't give me too much credit Wink

I also added a warning to the front page for those pesky Iron Age fans Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 11:18:15 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Klar, I added the Sally Selwyn entry for you.

S!

Thanks Rao! Hey, I know you guys seem to use 'The Great Superman Book' as your guiding point for Supermanica, but is it alright to still slightly alter entries directly from that book? Like, be slightly more clear on certain facts or even add to them? (For instance, in the 'Jor-El' entry, I'd like to mention how he helped avert an alien invasion by building  Krypton-II as mentioned in 'Krypton Lives Again!', Superman #189 - I don't believe it's mentioned there).

And regarding referring to issue numbers, perhaps putting them in italics when they are referred to, so as to make reading the profiles easier? Just a suggestion!

And BTW, is Superman (Kal-L) of Earth-2 going to be given a profile?

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 01:03:27 AM »

Quote from: "Kal's Pal"
Quote from: "Great Rao"
Klar, I added the Sally Selwyn entry for you.

S!

Thanks Rao! Hey, I know you guys seem to use 'The Great Superman Book' as your guiding point for Supermanica, but is it alright to still slightly alter entries directly from that book? Like, be slightly more clear on certain facts or even add to them? (For instance, in the 'Jor-El' entry, I'd like to mention how he helped avert an alien invasion by building  Krypton-II as mentioned in 'Krypton Lives Again!', Superman #189 - I don't believe it's mentioned there).

And regarding referring to issue numbers, perhaps putting them in italics when they are referred to, so as to make reading the profiles easier? Just a suggestion!

And BTW, is Superman (Kal-L) of Earth-2 going to be given a profile?

Yes you can add to them. The whole point of this protect was not just reprint the book on-line but also updated up until right before crisis.

You can add Superman (Kal-L) of Earth-2 if you wish because he was around long enough, so add away Smiley

- Elliot S! Maggin
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2005, 03:50:18 AM »

Finished the entry on Neutron, the Living Bomb. KA-BOOM!  :twisted:

Also finally finished the new Superman figure illustration for the overview section of Superman's entry. I just didn't think the one I already posted was "Pre-Crisis" enough, so I took a cue from both Curt Swan's style and Alex Toth's Super Friends model sheets, and drew my own interpretation. Plus, I wanted to make the colour richer. Comments, anyone?

Who goes there?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L