superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:13:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermanica new entries  (Read 27924 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2005, 05:33:39 PM »

Maybe there needs to be a rehaul and revision of what are canonical sources and what isn't.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2005, 08:40:28 PM »

DC Comics Presents is already on the canonical list (see http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Canonical_sources ), so I guess you'd get Captain Marvel through any appearances in that title.  I think adding All Star Squadron and JLA would be a very bad move, you might as well just add the entire DCU if you're going to do that, and that'd be much too far off topic.  Right now the list is limited to Superman and Superman family titles.

Keep in mind that the focus here is Superman.  I think that trying to modify the list of canonical sources in order to get characters you like is the wrong way to look at things.  A more appropriate approach might be to look up which characters are in the canonical sources - and hence, which characters should be in Supermanica.  If random character "Thunder Tomato" never appears in the canonical sources, then he shouldn't be listed in Supermanica, in spite of the fact that he's a cool character and Superman once appeared in Terrible Tomato Tales and told Mr. Tomato that he liked him.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2005, 10:28:13 PM »

You do realize that in one issue of DC Comics Presents, Hoppy the Marvel Bunny showed up and saved both Superman and Captain Marvel?   :lol:

Another was Superman's visit to Gemworld.   Supes was definiatley at a disadvantage that time.  A magic world and that chunk of Green K that was absorbing magic from the Gemworld adding to the problems.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2005, 02:01:54 AM »

Adding All Star Squadron and JLA is going too far IMHO. But not the VS oversized One shots, as there were only a few of those, Then again, that would mean that Spiderman could be added, so yes maybe we should just stick to what we have.  Cool

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2005, 09:21:08 PM »

Yeah ... maybe you're right. Besides, adding Spider-Man to a Superman encyclopedia is just plain wrong.

Who goes there?!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2005, 02:01:18 AM »

Captain Marvel Stories in DC Comics Presents

DC Comics Presents #33
DC Comics Presents #34
DC Comics Presents #49

- Elliot S! Maggin
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2005, 02:53:16 AM »

Which DC Comics Presents had Superman meeting He-Man?

I kid you not.  But this He-Man was the original.  No Prince Adam.  His and Skeletor's swords were two halves of the same sword and each was trying to get both halves.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2005, 04:19:14 AM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"
Which DC Comics Presents had Superman meeting He-Man?

I kid you not.  But this He-Man was the original.  No Prince Adam.  His and Skeletor's swords were two halves of the same sword and each was trying to get both halves.

DC Comics Presents #47

Curt Swan even did the artwork Smiley

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L