superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great site - wish Batman had one :-(  (Read 12156 times)
Levi
« on: February 25, 2005, 02:50:35 AM »

I am more of a Batman fan than a Superman fan, but I LOVE this site. I was able to re-read some of my favorite Superman stories from my youth, including the first Superman comic I ever owned.

I wish I could find a site simular to this dedicated to Batman.

Great job
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:45:47 AM »

Don't worry; one day, there WILL be one.  Cheesy
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 06:55:43 PM »

Yeah, I agreed..This is the best side for Superman..The first hero..
EricInHouston
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 09:22:06 AM »

Batman is currently enjoying more popularity than Superman, and that tends to annoy me. I'm a Batman fan too, but as he's currently written, I'm surprised someone hasn't already kicked his caped butt.

One major difference between the two, as comic book characters, is that Superman's personality has been pretty consistent over the 60+ years. Batman, arguably a more flexible character, has been (among other things) a loner, a father figure, a sci-fi hero, a camp idol, a detective, an adventure hero, and a self-absorbed jerk.

Batman's spectrum has been so broad that creating a site of this type would probably satisfy no one. You would have to include versions of Batman that some people today don't want to see. For example, you have to include the sci-fi stories of the 50's that some readers would flinch at.

Superman's consistency is a plus in this instance. You recognize him in stories of the 40's as easily as stories of the 90's.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 04:27:14 PM »

I guess it is a good time as any to plug the Batman version of this site : http://batman.superman.nu/

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 09:10:42 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
I guess it is a good time as any to plug the Batman version of this site : http://batman.superman.nu/

Hmm.... maybe I should include the Superman and Batman site URLs in my signature when posting on Toonzone.com; the people there are the biggest Batman-fanatics around (though they seem mostly keen on the Animated or current-comic version of Batman, and seem somewhat ignorant/disdainful of anything about Bats that came before "Year One"...but still, worth a shot at drumming up traffic I suppose!).

EricInHouston
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 08:01:11 AM »

Quote from: "Johnny Nevada"
Quote from: "Super Monkey"

Hmm.... maybe I should include the Superman and Batman site URLs in my signature when posting on Toonzone.com; the people there are the biggest Batman-fanatics around (though they seem mostly keen on the Animated or current-comic version of Batman, and seem somewhat ignorant/disdainful of anything about Bats that came before "Year One"...but still, worth a shot at drumming up traffic I suppose!).

Exactly the point that I was making in my message above about the sci-fi Batman of the 50's. Bat-fans today disdain Batman's history, and that's a shame. Sure, some of the stories from the past were goofy, but enjoy them for what they were: well-written fantasy.

EricInHouston

BTW, the Batman site is very cool! Glad to see it.
Lisa
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 02:20:03 AM »

My computer won't open that site, but I agree. We really need a Batman site. Usually everything Superman has, Batman has (and vice-versa). I don't read anything Batman written later than the 60s, but I would love to have a site that posts old stories like this one does for Superman. The reprint books are way out of my buget. :cry: One site that has lots of Batman history and old covers pictures is www.goldenagebatman.com. I havent found any storys reprinted there though. There is a lot of lousy Batman stuff on the web.  :x  Just as a side comment it would be neat for this site to post Batman-Superman team up stories.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L