superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Pick All-Star!  (Read 16994 times)
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2005, 08:23:08 PM »

The so-called artist you're referring to for that story is Carlos Meglia.

Meglia stinks big-time!

And he was advertised as some great artistic 'talent'.

*BLEECCHH!!*

Y'know, that story wouldn't have been half-bad if a halfway decent artist had drawn it.  We don't need a Ross or Adams level guy, just a competent artist like Swan could have pulled that off and made it work.

McGuinness' cartoony Micheline Man incarnation of Superman also is far too overrated.  He gets raves for looking more cartoony?  Meanwhile Adams, Ross, Anderson, Swan, and Perez -- who are far greater talents! -- never get a nod.  But McG gets a flippin' award.

There ain't no justice ...

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2005, 08:56:25 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
McGuinness' cartoony Micheline Man incarnation of Superman

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!  :lol:  That's just too funny! By the way, I would love to see All-Star Superman drawn by Steve Rude. Now that guy has talent!!

Who goes there?!
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2005, 10:00:29 PM »

Yeah, Rude could have pulled it off.  He's not the greatest artist but at least he's a competent one going by Hulk vs Superman.

Captain Kal

-- The Dalai Lama
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2005, 10:08:32 PM »

McGuinnessis is one of the worst "artists" working today, his Superman represents everything that is wrong with DC today.

Sadly he also has a huge fan following.

Go figure  :?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2005, 10:15:51 PM »

Byrne used to be a great artist and a pathetic writer.

Now, he's a pathetic artist and a pathetic writer, so things have finally balanced out

It's a shame we couldn't have his pencils at the reboot minus his questionable 'creative input'.

Cheesy

Captain Kal

-- The Dalai Lama
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2005, 01:23:11 AM »

All-Star Superman? Well...

WRITERS: Paul Dini, Matt Wagner, Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Kurt Busiek, Roger Stern, Jerry Ordway, J. Michael Strazcynski, Peter David, Geoff Johns, and Mike Allred.

ARTISTS: Ed McGuinness (I don't care what the naysayers say, he draws a fine Superman in my eyes), Doug Mahnke, Steve Rude, Ed Benes, Mike Wieringo, Alan Davis, Carlos Pacheco, Ron Lim (loved his Superman/Silver Surfer team-up), Paul Pelletier, Kerry Gammill, Tom Grummett, Bob McLeod, Steven Butler (LOVED his Spider-Man art), the Kubert brothers, and Barry Kitson.

Anything goes here, folks.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2005, 05:08:12 PM »

By the by, I just checked out "JLA: Earth 2" from the library as a foretaste of what the "All-Star" team might give us.  The story's a bit dark for my taste, but it has some very good moments (like when the antimatter universe's Luthor shows up and says, "I needed a name for your world, so I'm calling it Earth-2!"  :lol:  Now we know how Jay Garrick felt!).

But the art?  Yech.  I sincerely hope Frank Quitely's been toiling away at his art lessons in the intervening years...what I saw here was not encouraging.  Buildings and vehicles and technology, fine.  But people? Yech.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L