superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 7269 times)
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 07:04:10 AM »

Quote from: "Beyonder"
Thanks for this forum, Rao-- but, darn, this board is DEAD!  Nobody wants to put this bord to good use?! :evil:

C'mon, there must be more then just TWO legion fans around!  :?:

Hey...I'm here.

I've just gotten out of the habit of talking about the LSH Smiley   Of course that might be because I stopped reading During the Giffen era

I learned to read, thanks to Superboy and the Legion of Super-heroes.  The LSH was my favorite comic (yeah....I was more of a LSH fan than I was a Supergirl fan back then)

But when giffen, crisis, and zero-hour came around....I gave up.

I didn't like what giffen did...and after crisis/zero-hour, I had no interest in reading about a young teen LSH

I should be ashamed of myself for not noticing this forum sooner, though....If I recall, I was one of the voices calling for an LSH fourm  :oops:

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 07:28:07 AM »

Quote from: "TELLE"
Since we have this board, we should encourage more Legion entires in Supermanica.  Very poor showing for Superfamily future so far.

Working on it. :wink:
Mizrael
Supermen of America

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 05:57:24 PM »

Quote from: "Dylan Clearbrook"
I've just gotten out of the habit of talking about the LSH Smiley   Of course that might be because I stopped reading During the Giffen era

But when giffen, crisis, and zero-hour came around....I gave up.

I didn't like what giffen did...and after crisis/zero-hour, I had no interest in reading about a young teen LSH

No need to appologise! You're not the only one who abandoned comics during that mishmash headache we all call Crisis On Infinate Earths! What they started doing to the DC universe at that time so thoroughly disgusted me I sold all my comics to pay for a new hobbie called computing!  :wink:
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2005, 04:39:27 PM »

I hated Giffin's work.  In my own opinion, when the did "The Future is Forever" and eliminated the "Adult Legion" stories that was the beginning of the end.  After that, the Legion went into a long downward spiral.
I will say the recent efforts have been designed to bring the book closer to it's roots.  This latest reboot seems closer to the original Legion than any other.  Unfortunately, Crisis ruined things for the Legion as it was.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L