superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonFREE WEB E-MAIL!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mordru  (Read 5165 times)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« on: March 03, 2005, 12:02:20 AM »

Due to his origin, is Mordru a Legion villian or a villian of Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld?  Wink

For those of you in the dark:  Mordru was the son of Lady Sapphire and Lord Topaz from the Amethyst comic.  He made a deal with some demons for power and became an extrme threat.  Amethyst easily beat him and IIRC instilled that phobia of being buried alive into is psyche, but burying him alive   on Gemworld(which is known in the 30th centrury as Zerox)
Mizrael
Supermen of America

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 12:50:51 AM »

Which comic came first? I only know him from the Legion comics my brother used to collect.  :?
Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 08:51:27 AM »

I thought we were going to discuss PRE-Crisis Legion stuff?  :?:
Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 08:52:57 AM »

But, in either case, Mordru IS an Legion Villain.

Everything else is just useless baggage heaped on Mordru's core concept.
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 09:45:51 PM »

This is a joke thread anyway. Wink

'Is Amethyst part of the Legion mythos?' would be a better question.  She first appeared in  Legion of Super-Heroes.  That was pre-Crisis.

Now getting back to Mordru.  The last I recall of him was during the storyline where Darksied steals one of the twin boys of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl, and sent him back in time to become Valdius.  Mordru's followers were trying to reserect him, and failed

Did he make any other apperances after that?
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 02:06:36 AM »

when did mordu become a JSA villian pre- or post crisis?
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 07:05:59 PM »

Mordu became a JSA villian in post crisis JSA Secret Files and Origins #1 back in 1999.

I have always felt that he has been handled wonderfully in the JSA and that it has enhanced him as a possible Legion foe in the new Legion series.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 03:20:26 AM »

I think the idea in JSA was that Mordru survived for centuries and eventually encountered the Legion.  Now, with the current Legion reboot, they have yet to introduce Mordru.  I hope that they do.
I alway regard him as a Legion foe, despite him being featured in other books.  Kind of like how when the X-Men didn't have their own comic (only reprints) Magneto was used in other books like Avengers and Fantastic Four.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L