superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Superboy vs Mon-El  (Voting closed: April 02, 2005, 04:42:34 AM)
Superman - 5 (71.4%)
Mon-El - 2 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superboy versus Mon-El  (Read 18168 times)
Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: March 03, 2005, 09:42:34 AM »

Okay. We know that Lar Gand is somewhat stronger then Kal-El is, but that's not the only factor deciding a battle. (For instance, Mon-El spent a Milennium in the Phantom Zone, where he has to have learned something; on the other hand, the Boy of Steel was even back then the most formidablest hero-- not merely the strongest, most powerful, etc, but ALSO highly resourceful. (More so then Batman, IMHO.)

Who wins a full fight?
Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 01:38:52 PM »

Thanks, Rao.
Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 01:43:27 PM »

Well, since I seem to be the only one interested in a Mon-El/Superboy fight, I'm going to tie this up.  :roll:

I voted for Supes, since he's just so damned resourcefull. As adult, he was far and away the most formidable hero, and even as a youth he allready had much of his later greatness.

Mon-El isn't below genius-level by any standard, but we never saw him put his powers to good use in the same clever way Kal-El did. Mon allways seemed to go by the most direct route.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 03:26:58 PM »

Does this answer your question?

Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 10:52:04 AM »

Yeah, but that was merely an illusion created by Comand Kid...  :mrgreen:

Anyway, during the Silver Age (1961 - 1970, as I define it), we have only Mon-El's claim that he's tougher. But Supes seemed to be indeed a tiny bit stronger.
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 06:58:13 AM »

Quote from: "Beyonder"
Yeah, but that was merely an illusion created by Comand Kid...  :mrgreen:

Anyway, during the Silver Age (1961 - 1970, as I define it), we have only Mon-El's claim that he's tougher. But Supes seemed to be indeed a tiny bit stronger.

hmmm.  I was always under the impression that the Daxamites were not quite as powerful as Kryptonians.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Mizrael
Supermen of America

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 06:01:07 PM »

Bigger Muscle VS Brains With Muscle. You figure it out!  Cool
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 07:00:23 PM »

Let me add my belated ideas to this thread.

Mon-El and Tharok agreed that a battle between Mon and Validus would end in a stalemate.  Later, Superboy bowled Validus' legs out from under him and held his own against the entire Fatal Five for a time.

Ultra Boy's mind in Superboy's body vs Mon-El in a head-on collision: Mon-El was knocked down not Superboy.

When Superboy, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, and Wildfire used their invulnerable forms to block the nega-bomb from destroying the Earth, all the others were knocked out.  Superboy was the only one left standing and conscious.

Given that canon evidence, I'd give the physical superiority to Superboy too.

Now, Lar is more versatile in that kryptonite doesn't bother him, lead is a non-issue as long as he's taken his serum, and his powers still function in red sun and high-G environments.  But put them in a situation where their powers function normally and Superboy takes it.

Also, Superboy (and Ultra Boy) seem to be more invulnerable when it comes to their minds.  These two were immune to the Master's mind control helmet but Mon-El was controlled alongside the rest of the Legion.  This seems related to how Darkseid easily controlled the entire Daxamite population.  You'd think if this were so easy for Darkseid that he'd also take over some LSH heavy-hitters too.  Mon and possibly Daxamites in general seem more vulnerable to mental attacks.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L