superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonStrange Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GETTING AFFAIRS IN ORDER!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:56:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed the general dislike for Superman?  (Read 16237 times)
Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 09:07:09 PM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"
Quote from: "Beyonder"
Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"
I've seen the dislike.

"He's too much of a big blue boyscout!"  "They should hvae left him dead."  among others.   Mostly by people who are Marvel first.  A couple of them are people who think Idenity Crisis was a good story.  :shock:

"They should have left him dead."? They actually said that to you into the face?  :x

...Idiots. No WONDER their beloved Marvel Comics once went BANKRUPT.  :evil:

Yes.  Other characters that one of them reccomended killing off: The entire Superman family, Guy Gardner, Jon Stewart, Kyle Rayner, and Alan Scott, with no regards to those who enjoy those characters.

Hal Jordan forever.  Batman is better than Superman.  Wolverine is the greatest.   :roll:

Well, i guess that's why they're called "Zombies" even by Stan Lee...  Cheesy
Daybreaker
Supermen of America

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2005, 06:43:16 AM »

I think that the dislike has more to do with the sad quality of Superman comicbooks.  Not many people dislike Superman, but the comicbooks are often inconsistent, and when they are consistent, it tends to be consistently bad.  If anybody has a dislike for Superman, I think it's DC.
Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2005, 09:02:01 AM »

Quote from: "Gary"
But what about those tedious "MU character is forced to live in a world he never made/WHINES about a world he never made/ runs amok against a world he never made/reconciles himself with a world he never made" routine, hmm?  :wink:

Hey, there was one good Marvel series like that. Howard the Duck.  :wink:

Yes, but I don't much care for characters from the Howard mold. There are enough of them in the real world...  :wink:
Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2005, 09:05:27 AM »

Quote from: "Mizrael"
Quote from: "Mizrael"

Really! Whiny hero's are the worst!  :roll: But then, I consider Spiderman to be more of a cocky hero than a whiny one. I loved his one liner zingers when taunting his foes!  :wink:

I wasn't talking about Spidey; I like him myself.  Tongue

But what about those tedious "MU character is forced to live in a world he never made/WHINES about a world he never made/ runs amok against a world he never made/reconciles himself with a world he never made" routine, hmm?  :wink:

I agree with you. As far as Marvel went, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Hulk and She Hulk were all I ever liked when I did collect comics.

Well, I collected - and LIKE - a lot more then just them. But this stupid "house style" ("house of ideas". PFF!) of Marvel, especially during the Nineties DOES get annoying after a time...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L