superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brand of Steel article  (Read 3944 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: March 15, 2003, 12:47:19 PM »

this is an article from Entertainment Weekly in which Brian Hiatt gives some unsolicited advice on the new Man of Steel movie.

Click on the link below to read it :

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,221592~1~0~howtorevivesuperman,00.html

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 01:19:18 PM »

A good article with a lot of good points.  The only correction since it was written is that the new movie has been pushed (again) from 2003 to 2005.  :!:

I wonder if it even occurred to WB to consider integrating the movie with Smallville?

Here's a report that I found interesting: http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=40415;article=11029 it's about the current casting woes with some mention of WB's "plans" for the movie.

I've also heard that now WB wants to give Superman's costume the red and black S logo.  I can't believe they don't have an actor (do they even have a script?) and they're worried about such minutiae as whether the logo's background is yellow or black!  First they wanted to do the Death of Superman, then they wanted to do Electric Superman Blue, and now it's the red and black emblem.  Still no cape, though.

This would be laughable if it wasn't so lamentable.

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 01:56:13 PM »

Quote from: "valdemar"
I wonder if it even occurred to WB to consider integrating the movie with Smallville?

The way it works is that someone walks up to Peters and says, "Hey Jon, what about that new Smallville thing?"  Peters says, "Nah, it stinks.  I want polar bears" and that's the end of it.

This is a man who put giant robot spiders in Wild Wild West.  Think about that.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 11:25:50 PM »

If we are lucky maybe we will get giant robotic polar bears in the new movie.  Actually if we are lucky he has outgrown his giant robot phase

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
jbsmallville
Superman Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 12:34:22 AM »

I definitely applaud your article. I just hope though that this small piece of article would make a great impact on WB and Tom Welling plus the fact that they're probably rethinking of moving it to 2005. That's a great idea. I'm definitely happy that you posted this article,even though you made me look stupid back there in your reply to my message. I actually got overexcited that's why I didn't have the chance to change the size of the letters. But thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Anyway, on my part in trying to pursue this petition for Tom Welling petition thing. I just happened to email a lot of entertainment locals in the net and contacted some news anchors, but unfortunately, all I just received are mere canned replies.

I was thinking If I could be of help to you in trying to pursue this hope that WB would cast the correct person (Tom Welling that is) for superman.
Add to this, I'd love to see Courtney Cox-Arquette do the Lois Lane part or if not, Alyssa Milano. Lex Luthor, still could be Rosenbaum, Jimmy Olsen...hmmm...DEAN CAIN right? Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L