superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Which of Superman's "sweethearts" is your favorite?  (Voting closed: March 05, 2005, 10:49:52 PM)
Lois Lane - 4 (22.2%)
Lana Lang - 10 (55.6%)
Lyla Lerrol - 0 (0%)
Lori Lemaris - 2 (11.1%)
Sally Selwyn - 1 (5.6%)
Luma Lynai - 1 (5.6%)
Lyrica Lloyd - 0 (0%)
write in (post vote) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which of Superman's "sweethearts" is your favorite  (Read 13690 times)
Admiral Chew
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: March 06, 2005, 03:49:52 AM »

Which of Superman's "sweethearts" is your favorite?
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 11:44:48 AM »

Lana --I always root for the underdog.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 12:17:18 PM »

Lana Lang.  She wasn't puting herself in danger like Lois was.  She knew how to fight.  I think what cemented for me was that oversized Legion of Super-Heroes comic that had Lana flip one of Mordru's men over and have her mouth off to Mordru, despite the fact that Mordru had stolen Smallvile away and it looked like Superboy was occupied elsewhere.

Most of the time she was trying to prove Clark was Superboy was right after she had caught Clark doing something super-heroic.

Superman's big objection of getting married(If I get married, the person I marry will be in danger, because they don't have powers) falls flat.  Lana Lang the Insect Queen

After she went to WGBS, she started dating Clark Kent, not Superman
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 02:09:45 PM »

Lana. What Shin said.  And Curt Swan (when he was allowed to and Mort wasnt having Kurt S. draw Lois & Lana's heads in a curt story) did the most beautiful renditions of Lana.

Lois, of course, is the offical GF. :wink:
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 04:53:20 PM »

Lana Lang of course!

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Lana_Lang

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
kryptosmaster
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 06:57:56 PM »

I almost voted for Lana but then I saw some of the other choices. Then I was torn between Lori and Sally. I'd love to see a Sally return. Of course since Clark is married now and we don't even know if the Sally stories are in continuity, I guess it doesn't really matter. I voted for Lori in the end.

KM

I wish we could've picked more than one. That was pretty hard because Lana, Lori and Sally are nearly equally liked by me.

Kara Zor-El is the one true Supergirl.
Accept no substitutes!
Pre-Crisis continuity is THE BEST!!!!!
Admiral Chew
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 07:43:13 PM »

Quote from: "kryptosmaster"
I almost voted for Lana but then I saw some of the other choices. Then I was torn between Lori and Sally.

Lana, Lori, and Sally were my top three as well, but in the end I had to choose Lana.

Mike
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 07:53:15 PM »

Lana, Lori and Sally are my top choices as well.  I voted for Sally, which got me thinking.

There have been incredible love stories told with Lori Lemaris and Sally Selwyn - but did Lois ever have a real love story told?  Where Clark actually fell in love with her?  Or has she always just been the frustrated pursuer of Superman?

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L