superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:41:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Which of Superman's "sweethearts" is your favorite?  (Voting closed: March 05, 2005, 10:49:52 PM)
Lois Lane - 4 (22.2%)
Lana Lang - 10 (55.6%)
Lyla Lerrol - 0 (0%)
Lori Lemaris - 2 (11.1%)
Sally Selwyn - 1 (5.6%)
Luma Lynai - 1 (5.6%)
Lyrica Lloyd - 0 (0%)
write in (post vote) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which of Superman's "sweethearts" is your favorite  (Read 13907 times)
Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 03:22:28 PM »

Quote from: "The Starchild"
There have been incredible love stories told with Lori Lemaris and Sally Selwyn - but did Lois ever have a real love story told?  Where Clark actually fell in love with her?

If you count post-Byrne stories, yeah. I'd say that the whole engagement-death-rebirth-wedding thing pretty much fits that description.
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 07:20:24 PM »

If you count post-Byrne stories, yeah.

And what if you don't?

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 07:45:20 PM »

I was always partial to Lori Lemaris, Clark Kent's first great love. I've always thought that was one of the most touching Superman stories ever told.

Who goes there?!
Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 07:55:07 PM »

If you count post-Byrne stories, yeah.

And what if you don't?

Then, assuming you don't count so-called imaginary stories either, I'd say the answer is "no."
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 09:29:14 PM »

Imaginary stories...  Hmm...  Well, they may not have strictly "taken place," but they certainly provide invaluable insight into characters' personalities, values, goals and desires.  I'd count those.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 09:48:05 PM »

Imaginary stories...  Hmm...  Well, they may not have strictly "taken place," but they certainly provide invaluable insight into characters' personalities, values, goals and desires.  I'd count those.

Hm. In that case, Superman #215 comes to mind. Also the last Schwarz era story, the one by Alan Moore.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 11:15:48 PM »

How about the classic imaginary tale in LL "The Three Wives of Superman" in which he marries Lois, Lana and Lori and ....they ALL die!
ProfPotter
Supermen of America

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 05:10:59 PM »

I'm biased, of course, as Lana is my niece.

But I see that Lana is winning handily.

How did all of you feel about the Marty Pasko stories with Lana, where Superman tells her off?  Personally, they broke my heart, and I thought that, although there was some truth there, he went too far.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L