superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:41:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Should DCCP and S Crisis Crossovers be included in the list of canonical sources?  (Voting closed: March 14, 2005, 10:46:35 PM)
Yes - 9 (69.2%)
No - 4 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: include DCCP and S Crisis Crossovers?  (Read 19742 times)
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 10:41:51 PM »

Quote from: "The Starchild"
Quote from: "Kal's Pal"

The entry is ready to go up, so can anyone give the list of the Crisis crossover issues?

Beppo already posted one somewhere.  It might even be a good idea to read them before writing the entry.

Heh... thanks, just noticed that.  :wink:  And I've already re-read the two crossover issues already up on the site, both of which merely seem to give a general idea of the Crisis. (Did the other issues give a more detailed outline? I don't mind dumbing down details in the proposed entry... the idea is merely give the Crisis a small entry, so that way it is acknowledged, but not so much it takes over the encyclepedia). By the way, can Crisis go under a new 'Events' cateogory?

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2005, 02:23:38 PM »

What is this obsession people have with Crisis?  There's almost 50 years of lore to cover before you even have to worry about it.

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2005, 02:46:23 PM »

I don't know how many people here grew up reading the Golden Age Superman, or the 50's Superman, of the Sliver Age Superman. Most people here grew up reading the Bronze Age Superman, that was my Superman, the one that got beat up by Ali! So Crisis happen when we were kids or teenagers, in my case a kid.

I wouldn't even have a Crisis entry, or it should be the last thing up on the site if we do. We should just worry about about filling in all the Golden Age, 50's, Sliver Age and Broze Age stuff, IMHO. Better time spent if you ask me.

Someone finish Superboy-Prime's entry already Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2005, 04:32:15 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
I wouldn't even have a Crisis entry, or it should be the last thing up on the site if we do.

Exactly! I don't get all the worrying either! That's why I just proposed a very short entry, people were getting all in a flap about how to deal with the Crisis on the site. Personally, I feel if there is one thing that has to be done with the site first, is to have all the major entries like Superman, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Lex Luthor, Supergirl and Perry White all typed up from TGSB.

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L