superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:37:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1940s collectors---Superman Crusader Ring?  (Read 3340 times)
babyblues71
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: March 09, 2005, 07:37:57 AM »

Anyone out there collect the late 30s-40s stuff?  I have a Crusader ring that I bought recently and am wondering if I'm alone in the fact that, for some reason on the band it says "Superman Grusader" instead of "Superman Crusader."  I just want to make sure this is actually just a factory flaw and not some kind of reproduction.  I've double checked with a magnifying glass so I swear I'm not making it up!  Smiley  Which reminds me, what repros out there exist for late 30s-40s stuff?  I've seen repro Supermen of America pins and repro Syroco (sp?) statues (Not many of the latter made, though), but am unfamiliar with what else I should be on the lookout for.

BT
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 01:28:48 PM »

Where do you find this stuff?  eBay?  Garage sales?  Flea markets?  What are the prices like?  

Sorry about all the questions, but if they're not TOO high, or hard to find, I might be interested in hunting down some of these treasures myself!  Wink  

Gernot...

babyblues71
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 08:17:42 PM »

Ebay mainly.  As for the prices, it all depends on what you want.  If it's something everyone has but it's still cool such as a pinback or Crusader ring or something of that sort, we're talking in the range of 35-100 bucks for an item.  If it's something most people consider crappy or insignificant then possibly under that.  Now, if it's something rare or highly in demand, we're talking 500-3,000 bucks, all depending on how rare and what it is.  I think a Superman sweater sold for something like 2 or 3 grand last year.  How many people kept a kids sweater from the 1940s, though?  So you have to imagine the rarity on that thing.      Some of the "extremely" rare items can command the upper thousands.  Therefore, for most people on a budget they stick with the under 100.00 items, although those are quite limited for 1940s stuff.  A lot of people just save as much as they can for a long period of time and collect the "most spectacular thing" that appeals to their eye and that they can afford, and just have that as their sole 1940s Superman collectible because collecting lots of things from that era would cause them to go bankrupt.  Fast!
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 10:36:37 PM »

Heh.  You can go bankrupt fast even if all you're getting is Superman stuff from the 1970's through today!  Wink  

I KNOW what I'm talking about...  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L