superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:34:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lois Lane Entry  (Read 6182 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« on: March 09, 2005, 02:52:06 PM »

I sort of amazed that no one's even touched this topic since I aded and image and basic "one liner" - myself included.

I just dont know what to say on the topic-- am rather curious to see those with TGSB add the entry and see what Mr Fleischer said.

Doing some research I came across info that current continuity Lois is something of a super-shrew in marriage which makes some of her Silver Age exploits seems sane. :roll:

darn good reporter, though. :wink:
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 02:58:35 PM »

The problem with the Lois Lane entry in TGSB is that it's extremely long - about 17 pages - and quite an undertaking.  I'm sure the overview in the first paragraph would make a good preliminary entry, though.  Maybe I'll put that in if no one else gets to it.  I'm still working on the Jimmy Olsen entry, though, which is only a few pages, but certainly long enough!

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 03:24:41 PM »

17 pages!  gee whiz, how long is the Superman entry?! :shock:

Yeah - the overview would be swell. And then Team TGSB can tag team it!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 03:43:06 PM »

I do not even have my copy yet Sad
Hopefully it will get here this week  :oops:

Even then I can't type fast enough to try to tackle something like that or (gulp) the massive Superman entry  :shock:

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Admiral Chew
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 04:50:42 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
17 pages!  gee whiz, how long is the Superman entry?! :shock:

Dozens and dozens of pages.

It's really ridiculusly long. But it's written in the same verbose style as all the other entries.

The Sphinx (the statue in Egypt not some obscure villain you've never heard of) has half a page! So you can imagine what Superman's entry is like.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 07:07:23 PM »

1/2 page for when Superboy inspires the building of The Syphnx?! Criminy!

A simple panel (i.e.the parallel-worlds entry) sometimes contains all you need to know if you're six years old. Or one at heart and dont't have the time to type, scan or scroll IMHO.
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 07:30:30 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
1/2 page for when Superboy inspires the building of The Syphnx?! Criminy!

No no no - the Sphinx article is 1/2 page long - I assume it covers more than just the fact that Superboy was the inspiration for it.  In fact, it can't even mention that, because Superboy wasn't one of Fleisher's canonical titles!  So now we already know one of the first things that we need to add to the article.
17 pages! gee whiz, how long is the Superman entry?!

"Book Length", according to the blurb on the cover.
A simple panel (i.e.the parallel-worlds entry) sometimes contains all you need to know if you're six years old. Or one at heart and dont't have the time to type, scan or scroll IMHO.

I think we should continue with Fleisher's idea of using the Encyclopedia Britannica as our model, not DC's Who's Who.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 07:35:06 PM »

Absolutely.  Im not even familiar with DC who's what thingie.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L