superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: What is the best villainous "version" of Superman?  (Voting closed: March 09, 2005, 12:51:01 PM)
Pre-Crisis Bizzaro - 3 (30%)
John Byrne's Bizzaro - 0 (0%)
Current "Superman Arkham" Bizzaro - 0 (0%)
Ultraman - 6 (60%)
The Anti-Superman - 0 (0%)
SNL's Uberman - 0 (0%)
Cyborg Superman - 1 (10%)
Super-Menace - 0 (0%)
Evil Superman from the Superfriends - 0 (0%)
Nuclear Man from Superman IV - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Best villainous "version" of Superman?  (Read 7349 times)
Admiral Chew
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: March 09, 2005, 05:51:01 PM »

What is the best villainous "version" of Superman?
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 06:10:41 PM »

You missed one: The Byrned Superman of MOS. heh heh :wink:

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Admiral Chew
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 06:44:11 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
You missed one: The Byrned Superman of MOS. heh heh :wink:

I said best, not most pathetic. :roll:
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 07:13:56 PM »

Gotcha!  I was teasing but you knew that.

I voted for the Cyborg Superman.  While two versions of Ultraman exist -- Pre Crisis and Post Crisis, natch -- and the current Ultraman is a real improvement over the former version, I still think Henshaw made a better evil Superman.  Hank wiped out Coast City and was ready to remake Earth into a new Warworld (which probably meant decimating all life here in the process).

In the Elseworlds vein, Superman the Darkside should also probably be included here, though he did turn to good in the end, IIRC.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 07:31:01 PM »

He's not on that list but "Superman King of Earth" was such a creep back in 61 that his Red K split self, Clark Kent got all "Metallo" on his arse!

Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 07:41:50 PM »

I'm not one of those who generally dislike the "post-crisis" continuity, but I always thought the Cyborg was a pretty lame villain. I mean, what's his motivation? He hates Superman for stuff that anybody can see really wasn't Supes' fault in any way whatsoever. Because he's mad, you see. Yeah, that explains everything. Not to mention that pretty much every time he shows up, they have to pull a major Deus Ex Machina in order to let Supey beat him.
Admiral Chew
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 07:46:19 PM »

Gotcha!  I was teasing but you knew that.

Yeah I know. I was teasing too.

I voted for the Cyborg Superman.  While two versions of Ultraman exist -- Pre Crisis and Post Crisis, natch -- and the current Ultraman is a real improvement over the former version, I still think Henshaw made a better evil Superman.  Hank wiped out Coast City and was ready to remake Earth into a new Warworld (which probably meant decimating all life here in the process).

In the Elseworlds vein, Superman the Darkside should also probably be included here, though he did turn to good in the end, IIRC.

I ran out of room. A poll can only have ten choices. I also wanted to include the animated Bizzaro but he seemed to be a variation on the Byrne bizzaro so he was one I left out.
Admiral Chew
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 07:51:15 PM »

Quote from: "Gary"
I'm not one of those who generally dislike the "post-crisis" continuity, but I always thought the Cyborg was a pretty lame villain. I mean, what's his motivation?

Perhaps he really hates Dan Jurgens for making him such a lame Fantastic Four rip-off and he took it out on Superman since he was jealous that Jurgens did so much better work writing him.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L