superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMOR: Brando to play Jor-El again?  (Read 13236 times)
King Krypton
Superman Family

« on: March 09, 2005, 11:01:32 PM »

http://www.latinoreview.com/scoops/jorel-superman.html

For those of you unfamiliar with the goings-on with the original movies, Richard Donner shot 80% of Superman II concurrent with Superman, but was fired by the Salkinds because they wanted the films to be camp comedies and didn't like what he was doing. So they hired their crony Richard Lester to reshoot over half the movie and scrapped much of Donner's footage, including what would have been Brando's second appearance as Jor-El. If this rumor (confirmed by SHH!) is true, we may end up seeing the elusive Brando stuff from II after all.

Thoughts?

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 02:40:35 AM »

Absolutely fantastic and I hope it's true.

The more I hear about this movie, the more excited about it I get.  This rumor, combined with the news that Ben Hubbard is finally going to be on screen, and that Bryan Singer is a big fan of both the Chris Reeve movie and the George Reeves TV show, can only bode well.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 12:06:19 AM »

I would really like to see this footage.  It's amazing that they still have the rights to use the footage after all this time.

Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 02:23:04 PM »

I'm not sure what to think about this one. One the one hand if just seems really odd, maybe even dumb to use footage of a now deceased actor in a brand new film.

On the other hand I can also see where they would be able to pull it off since Jor-El in the film would more than likely only be a hologram so given Singers comment about the "vauge history" it could work.

Afterall it's not like they are splicing Brandos head on to another actor and redoing the rocket launch sequence.

I'll just have to call a total 'wait and see' on this one.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
El Hulko
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 08:55:02 PM »

If they can use Brando footage, then re-edit SUPERMAN II and hire a new actor for Superman Returns dammit! They have a new Superman and a new Lex and a new Jimmy, Perry and Lois.

Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 12:44:21 PM »

Hello gang,

From what I've heard there will be footage of Brando but also cgi Brando.  I think that this will be one of toughest challenges of the cgi people - unless of course there are no closeups.  If so, bringing alive a visage so that it is seamless will be somewhat of a World premiere.  Brando was so money oriented that we will have definite proof if ghosts exists.  If he doesn't come back there are no ghosts - because he will try as much as he can...LOL!

Brainsy.

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 09:30:02 PM »

Check out what was done for Laurence Olivier in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, on much less of a budget.  Somehow, I think they'll get Brando right.  However, I'd just as soon recast Brando as well, unless they want to limit their options in the probably sequel(s).

Oh, ok.  I suppose they could dig up some other actor to play Zor-El, Jor-El's brother and have him be the disembodied voice/plot device.  But I bet the unwashed masses who don't worship pre-Crisis Krypton would think that was totally stupid.  Smiley
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 01:25:09 PM »

Uh - Brando - he's dead - ...!?!?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L