superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: Superman Comics Reviewer  (Read 3701 times)
younis
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: March 10, 2005, 11:26:14 PM »

Hi everybody,

Steve Younis here from the SupermanHomepage.com

Great Rao has graciously given me permission to post here my "wanted" ad.

I'm looking for a pre-Crisis Superman fanatic who is interested in writing comic book reviews for my website.

At the Superman Homepage we have a whole team of reviewers who write reviews for the current Superman titles. And we've had 1 or 2 part-time reviewers who have written reviews for some of the classic pre-Crisis Superman comic book stories, but we've never had someone doing that on a permanent basis.

What I'm looking for is someone who is a big fan of pre-Crisis Superman comics, someone who has a vast collection of comic books that they would love to re-read and write reviews on.

How often would you be required to write a review? One a month? One a week? That's up to you. I'm only too happy to hear your ideas.

Sound like something that you'd be interested in? If so, please email me at steve@supermanhomepage.com

Thanks!

Regards,
Steve Younis
SupermanHomepage.com

Steve Younis - (mailto:steve@younis.com.au)
===============================================================
Superman Homepage - http://www.SupermanHomepage.com
Look! Up in the Sky!
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 09:18:06 PM »

I'd definitely be interested in doing pre-Crisis reviews for the Superman Homepage. I regularly talk to Neal Bailey (a very cool guy) through e-mail and discuss Superman with him.

I've recently started doing reviews for Superman comics at the Supergirl Megasite (currently I'm in the middle of reviewing "The Supergirl From Krypton" arc from Superman/Batman). You can check out my first review here. I still need to get issue eight (I've read it, but I don't have it) to get the reviews in order. Anyway, I could start doing pre-Crisis Superman reviews after I finish reviewing the arc.

I don't have a large collection of old Superman titles, but I do have a few and I've read many on this very site. There are also many other pre-Crisis Superman fans that post on the various comic boards that might be able to do reviews as well.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 09:30:59 PM »

I think NotSuper's review style and length would fit well with the previous Mild Mannered pre Crisis reviews over at the Superman homepage...

Would be good to see more of them...
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 10:14:37 PM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
I think NotSuper's review style and length would fit well with the previous Mild Mannered pre Crisis reviews over at the Superman homepage...

Would be good to see more of them...

Thanks. I appreciate you saying that.  Smiley

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
SuperThinnker
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 09:27:39 AM »

You might just want to modifed you to the Superman shield rating--if I'm comes from 0 (a empty Superman "S"-shield symbol which is stands for th worst stories of all time) to a 5 (a full Superman "S" sheild symbol which stands for every best of the stories of all time.)

Logging off,
Dr. Thinker
younis
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 10:15:22 PM »

Thanks! We managed to get 2 reviewers to come on board in response to this thread. Much appreciated!

As for the ratings, 1=horrible and 5=excellent.

Whether we started at 0 or 1 doesn't really matter, the concept is the same... I could just as easily have made 5 the worst and 1 the best. We've done it this way for nearly 10 years, not about to change it now. Smiley

Steve Younis - (mailto:steve@younis.com.au)
Superman Homepage - http://www.SupermanHomepage.com
Look! Up in the Sky!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L