superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The SUPER-TEACHER from KRYPTON!"  (Read 12839 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: March 11, 2005, 02:45:06 AM »

Proudly presenting Superboy in...

"The SUPER-TEACHER from KRYPTON!"

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 02:55:09 AM »

Poor Lana :broke:

At any rate, the next story I'd like to see is the one where Superboy gets amnesia from fiddling around with Green K and a lighting rod during the middle of a storm.  It's another one where Superboy plays head games with Lana Lang
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 03:43:40 AM »

Cool! Much better than Post-Crisis crap! I gotta start scannin' some of my old Superman comics and sending them in!

Who goes there?!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 04:04:19 AM »

How cool is that robot design? Awesome, that needs to be an action figure! At  least an entry Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 12:48:33 PM »

Great story,  I noticed that the female students were wearing head-bands, I thought that only the men wore those.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 04:36:27 PM »

Quote from: "Just a fan"
Great story,  I noticed that the female students were wearing head-bands, I thought that only the men wore those.

Kryptonian women didn't wear headbands everyday like the males.  However, on certain occasions they wore special headbands -- all Kandorians wore black headbands on the anniversary of Krypton's demise, for instance.  That's why DC objected when the Supergirl movie producers wanted a headband for Kara's costume.  This movie design ultimately became the "Crisis" outfit, and there were several panels in the Supergirl comic book where Kara justified her breaking of a wardrobe taboo.  And then after all of DC's explanations, the movie producers decided on another costume for Helen Slater.   :roll:

But note that these are female STUDENTS -- perhaps these headbands are used to assist the learning process by imparting information directly into the brain in conjunction with the ongoing lecture?  We know Kryptonians also learned through similar mechanical means.

DTO
Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 05:16:29 PM »

Or maybe it was a new trend among the young people there, for women to wear men's headgear, breaking a taboo for the sake of collectively annoying/confusing their parents. If Krypton's college students were anything like those in the present-day US....   Cheesy
Daybreaker
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 08:58:22 PM »

Y'know, there's a story there, about Kryptonian women giving up their traditional roles in Kryptonian society.  Would it be somehow wrong for Krypton to ever experience any social change?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L