superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George Perez and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez to work on a comic  (Read 3515 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: March 13, 2005, 05:44:08 AM »

George Perez told The Continuum he is working with Phil Jimenez and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez on what he calls "The EZ Project," a soon-to-be-announced project from DC Comics.

"I'm having the time of my life inking the incredible Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez," Perez told The Continuum at last weekend's MegaCon. "Phil is writing and drawing the covers, so I get to ink him, too."

The "EZ" is a reference to the last two letters in each of the creators' names. It has been rumored that the project involves Donna Troy.

Perez is drawing a new cover to a Marvel Visionaires featuring his run on Fantastic Four. He's also doing three pages for a 10th anniversary edition of Witchblade and some City of Heroes covers for Top Cow Productions.

Perez said he will be concentrating on his New Teen Titans graphic novel with Marv Wolfman in May.

"I've got learn to say no. I'm getting so many great offers," Perez said. "I'm proud to say that after 30 years in the business, I'm still kind of the pretty girl at the dance."

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 04:00:25 AM »

More info, but why wouldn't DC have them do the cover art is beyond me.

DC SPECIAL: THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY #1 (OF 4)

Written by Phil Jimenez; Art by José Luís García-López and George Pérez; Cover by Phil Jimenez and George Pérez

You can't afford to miss DC SPECIAL: THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY, a spectacular

4-issue miniseries written by Phil Jimenez that unites artistic titans José García-López and George Perez for the first time and heralds the triumphant return of one of the DCU's most popular characters! She was raised as a goddess, linked by blood to Wonder Woman, crowned as a Titan among both mortals and gods — but Donna Troy's story is the triumph of the human spirit.

Torn from Earth by the events of TITANS/YOUNG JUSTICE: GRADUATION DAY, Donna Troy has reemerged among the Titans of Myth as Troia, Goddess of the Moon. But memories of a different life haunt her as she leads the Titans of Myth in the final battle of a long campaign of interplanetary conquest, gathering weapons, warriors, and worshippers to fulfill a mission she has begun to doubt. It will take the combined might of the Outsiders and the Teen Titans to solve this cosmic mystery and reveal Troia's true destiny to her: a cosmic hero destined to unite legions against a threat to the entire universe!

The RETURN OF DONNA TROY is a new beginning for Donna Troy — and a stunning prologue of things to come throughout the entire DCU!

DC Universe  |  32pg.  |  Color  |  $2.99 US

On Sale June 29, 2005

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 02:27:56 PM »

Is that Wonder Girl?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 03:40:57 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Is that Wonder Girl?

yes, yes it is.

Somehow this is going tie up to the upcoming "reboot" or "new direction" for DC Comics.

The upcoming Countdown series is a well countdown to that change.

- Elliot S! Maggin
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 01:45:53 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Is that Wonder Girl?

yes, yes it is.

Maybe one of these days we'll finally find out who she really is.  :wink:

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L