superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:59:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy married Kara?!  (Read 2488 times)
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: March 13, 2005, 11:49:41 PM »

Guys, in the letters page for Jimmy Olsen #102, they mention an upcoming imaginary story where Jimmy romances Kara and marries her! Did this ever see print? What was it like?

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 12:17:17 AM »

It did happen.  It was in a Superman Family issue. Kara/Linda Lee lost her powers and her memory due to a piece of Red K.  This effect lasted a LOT longer than 72 hours.  I don't know if the story came out before or after Superman's Secret Life.  If it came after, WHY did Supes go get that chunk?

At any rate, the story did have Linda marrying Jimmy.  It was a three part story.  The first part ended right after their honeymoon and the effect of the Red K FINALLY wore off.

The 2nd part had Linda/Kara secretly helping her husband out.

The 3rd part had Kara find out if Jimmy could love Supergirl for who she was.

IF I had a scanner, I'd scan it in.
Osgood Peabody
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 02:48:25 AM »

Yes - although what was being referred to in JO #102 was an upcoming reprint of the original story as it appeared in JO #57.  Mort wound up running it in the back of Action #351 and #352, which appeared right after that Olsen issue.

It is an "imaginary" story, but there were several Jimmy/Kara encounters that led up to it.  I reviewed all of them a year or so ago - if I can find the thread, I'll bump it up for you to read.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L