superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSUPER FRIENDS DVD!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joss Whedon to write direct WONDER WOMAN!  (Read 5668 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« on: March 17, 2005, 03:12:40 PM »

Joss (Buffy) Whedon that is.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19667

Now who to cast?
Unknown?
Or a name?

If a name, Ill take Catherine Zeta Jones or Salma Hayek!  And you aint getting either back! :twisted:
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 06:28:33 PM »

I'm a huge Whedon fan myself, so I consider this VERY good news.

I especially like this scene he wrote for Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

"You know, maybe we're on the wrong track with the whole spell, curse and whammy thing. Maybe what we should be looking for is something like, um, Slayer Kryptonite."
"Faulty metaphor. Kryptonite kills."
"You're assuming I meant the Green Kryptonite. I was referring, of course, to the Red Kryptonite, which drains Superman of his powers."
"Wrong. The Gold Kryptonite's the power-sucker. The Red Kryptonite mutates Superman into some sort of weird..."
-Xander and Oz, Helpless

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Shazam!
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 05:16:56 AM »

For the Wonder Woman movie, provided that they ever get it out, I have heard Sandra Bulloch's name being kicked about for the casting. personally my feeling is that she is too short to follow behind Lynda Carter. I think Catharine Bell from JAG would be a much better choice in the matter, including and seeing how one of her hobbies includes kickboxing.   They could write that into the script just as in the early days they wrote Henry Winkler's ability to do a Russian jig on the set of Happy Days. They could write that into the script and it could make for a good flick.  what more could you ask for if Yeoman Prince was to be play by Bell, Bell already has the role of a Marine LtCol under her belt.

The Real Captain Marvel!
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 11:31:18 AM »

Meh, Whedon's not the golden child everybody thinks he is. He's hit or miss. I mean I love Buffy and Angel, both series were good. But a couple seasons of Buffy, especially the 5th and 6th ones were ultra craptastic. Season 4 of Angel was a weak as well, so was some parts of season 5, plus how they finished it off sucked. The series finale was the best first half of a series finale I've seen for awhile, but oops, it wasn't the first half, that was it. Could he make a great WW movie? I doubt it. Alright? Maybe. Great? No. It'd be chock full of Joss's trademark annoying attempts at pop culture references and try-to-be-hip-slang, like Ultimate Spider-Man.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 03:15:10 PM »

Rachel Weisz!!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/rennyr/Gallery_Rachel2.html

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 04:12:06 AM »

This is really good news: Whedon's a fanboy like us, and so he won't indulge in a committee-written picture that makes the character unrecognizeable; he'll make it WONDER WOMAN, not "Action Movie No. 236 that happens to have a tall woman with bracelets."

He wants to take the BATMAN BEGINS approach, and have Wonder Woman built element by element: explain the invisible plane, lasso, etc. I wouldn't agree with this approach, necessarily; for one thing, the reason BATMAN BEGINS did what it did was to give the story an element of plausibiity; with all this stuff, it was possible to believe a guy could be Batman. Wonder Woman doesn't have this plausibility: you either believe a woman can fly an invisible robot plane by telepathy, or you don't.

On the other hand, it MAY work if Whedon's explanations for things in the Wonder Woman universe that we take for granted are especially entertaining.

Whatever happened to the idea that Joanie Laurer was going to play the female Terminator in Terminator III? She may make a good Wonder Woman if they shut her up the way they shut up Ahh-nold in CONAN THE BARBARIAN.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 04:54:47 AM »

I think Katherine Heigl who was on Rosewll and now Grey's Anatomy is a good choice - stautyesque, young and can act.

Lynda Carter was great in SKY HIGH. Hope they use her as the Queen.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 07:02:58 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Lynda Carter was great in SKY HIGH. Hope they use her as the Queen.

On the other hand, she was criminally underused in Dukes of Hazard, which I fell asleep during late last night.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L