superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Krypto first episode  (Read 2981 times)
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« on: March 25, 2005, 03:24:44 PM »

By sheer accident I found the first "sneak preview" of the new Krypto series.
Since my family and I were off today (Good Friday) we of course had Cartoon Network on.  To my and my young son's surprise, Krypto was on at 9:30am.
To tell the truth, it wasn't all that bad.  It's definitely geered for a young child's age range, but it didn't mess too much with the legend (keeping in mind that they always mess with the Legend).  
Krypto stays with a young boy named Kevin, but he was reunited with Superman briefly at the end.  Streaky is an ordinary cat living next door with Kevin's obnoxious neighbor, Andrea.
It looks like a version of the Space Canine Patrol Agency will be in an upcoming episode.
Krypto will be airing on weekdays starting April 4th at 9:00am, which I think means I'll have to be taping them for my son.

Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »

I don't have cable, so I won't be able to watch this new series... hmph. Undecided

Will be hoping it's successful enough that it'll make it to DVD, though.

DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 04:29:04 AM »

I have to say it could have been worse.  They really could have dumbed the thing up incredibly.
Yes, they altered Streaky.  Yes, there's an obnoxious Lois Lane like neighbor who's going to cause problems for Krypto and his new owner.  And yes, it's aimed at little kids.  My son loved the show.  It's not as silly as Teen Titans or as serious as Justice League Unlimited.  It's kind of in-between.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L