superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:08:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused about scene in Superman II  (Read 19524 times)
csw621
Superman's Pal

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2005, 08:57:21 PM »

Quote from: "The Starchild"
Lois never actually forgot anything

Why do you say that?
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2005, 04:58:30 AM »

Why do you say that?

Do you have the Superman IV DVD?

Scene 11:

Superman: "You remember, don't you."
Lois: "I remember everything."

The entirety of Scene 22, where Lois brings Superman's cape to Clark's apartment for him, and tells him how she feels about him.

And the closing scene (27) right before Superman addresses the public, where he tells Lois that he had a good nurse (referencing Scene 22)

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
csw621
Superman's Pal

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2005, 09:07:23 PM »

I have the DVD box set. So I guess the kiss is only temporary. That's not very Superman-like. And what about Lana and the ring?
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2005, 08:09:36 PM »

Quote from: "csw621"
I have the DVD box set. So I guess the kiss is only temporary.

Going back and watching those scenes in Superman IV,  I realized it wasn't so clear-cut as a I remembered it being.  The whole thing is really open to viewer interpretation.  My interpretation of Lois going along with the gag works, but so would an interpretation that Superman is using Lois, somehow making her constantly remember and forget and remember again.  Or maybe as Lois' love grows, so does her inner knowledge of Superman's dual-identity.  There are probably other interpretations that would work.

And what about Lana and the ring?

No idea.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L