superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Batman Through the Ages! return?  (Read 10778 times)
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« on: April 02, 2005, 05:56:50 AM »

Holy Websites!

Will Batman and Robin--Gotham's Caped Crusaders--ever be seen again?

Will they ever have a permanent website comparable to Superman's?

Will Bat-fans be able to enjoy online comics?

Gosh, I sure hope so!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 06:44:22 AM »

Maybe next year Wink

Until then, make sure to check out http://www.goldenagebatman.com/

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 07:19:52 AM »

That's too bad... I actually think the "Batman Through the Ages" site would make for a nice "companion" website to the Superman one.

Plus, anything that draws attention toward the entertaining Bronze Age Bats over the current anal-retentive jerk "Batgod" version... :-)

dto
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 10:08:49 AM »

"Batman Through the Ages" would be a great companion to this Pre-Crisis Superman site.  Not only would there be a place to remember the Golden Age (Earth-2) Batman AND the Silver/Bronze (Earth-1) Batman, but we can also honor Batwoman Kathy Kane, Earth-2's Catwoman (later Mrs.Selena Kyle Wayne), the Earth-2 Robin and Huntress, and the original Earth-1 Jason Todd.  All these "forgotten characters" (including lost villians such as Nocturna) deserve a home on the Internet.

Considering we're still busy with Supermanica, I don't mind a delay in "Batman Through the Ages".  But once this is completed, we should seriously consider a BTTA site, or perhaps start with a new Batmanica.

DTO
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 12:08:16 PM »

It would have been nice to have left that site up.  I really don't like mr. jerk Batman
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 02:12:49 PM »

The problem was that, aside from the handful of comics I scanned, there was really no content at BTTA.  It was just a vague mirror outline.  No articles, no interviews or editorials or reboot rants, no fan gallery, no entries in the encyclopedia, etc.  Coming up with a site that had even half as much content as this one would have taken a few years.  And who would have done all that research and that updating?  STTA takes up what little hobby time I have.

Plus, there's already dozens of very thorough and better done bat-sites, so what would be the point, coming in this late in the game?  When I started STTA, there were almost no Superman sites, just the the Superman Hompage and the Cybernet, so STTA was filling a need; plus I had a personal mission, I was driven by outrage at DC for their blatant attempts to erase a legacy, and I had a deep love of the character.  With Batman, these conditions don't fit.

On the flip side:  I do think it's important that bat-fans be aware of who Joe Chill is, what Jason was really like, etc.  So maybe just a bat-comics site, if people would have an interest in such a thing, but not a full-blown BTTA.  

Unless anyone else wants to volunteer to be the Big Cheese ...

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 03:48:55 PM »

On that Batman message board, didn't someone voulenteer to take it over?

Just wqndering
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 04:11:05 PM »

That was a great April Fool's treat!

And I got to find out a lot about Bill Finger's and Vince Sullivan's hands in creating The Bat-Man along with credited Bob Kane.

Had known about Finger (natch) but in such detail? And Chloe's grand dad?!!!

Wish I had time to read some of the yarns.

I did do the Bob Kane one natch. :wink:

I find hilarious that the Red Hood is running around the DCU these days and probably isnt even the Joker.

Been watching Bats 49 serial - great stuff BTW for classic Bats & serial fans.  So Sprang time it aint funny.  Sure it's flawed in some respects but boy does it move! And Batman even does DETECTIVE work something he doesnt do anymore or go undercover in disguise to trap crooks.
And the villain THE WIZARD is pretty darn cool!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L