superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:01:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rivals and possibly surpass?  (Read 3941 times)
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« on: April 05, 2005, 05:20:02 AM »

http://www.newsarama.com/DC/Supergirl/Supergirl.htm

Reading some of the pages here, I have to admit I have a bit of a problem with this idea that Kara right off the bat is more powerful than Superman. It just sounds like overcompensation to me and also maybe it's just how in Posr Crisis you just end up hearing all the time about how many people are more powerful than Superman. Do we really need to add Kara to the list to.

I mean, it's not so much that I require Superman to be god of everything, but it just seems like one of those moves that takes away from his presence.

I'm also not liking that so much of her training seems to be becoming from other sources because I'd really rather see them do stuff with how she interacts with Superman.

I don't know. This new Kara they seem to have the right idea and all but what exactly was so bad about her looking up to and wanting to be like her cousin?

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 12:38:29 PM »

Don't worry about Supergirl being more powerful than Superman.  The only way that can stay is if she turns evil, goes crazy, or gets downpowered.

Superman has to be DC's top power, save Batman.   They will always make other heroes look weaker in comparison.

I don't like Supergirl looking up to Wonder Woman either.  I want to read about a Kryptonian, not  about Amazons.  But then again, I pulling out until Infinite Crisis is over and done with.  I might not even be back when it's all over with either.
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 04:27:45 PM »

as i always say... Y'never Know

GrantZilla
Superman's Pal

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 02:30:38 AM »

Quote from: "Kuuga"
http://www.newsarama.com/DC/Supergirl/Supergirl.htm

Reading some of the pages here, I have to admit I have a bit of a problem with this idea that Kara right off the bat is more powerful than Superman. It just sounds like overcompensation to me

You're right, that's exactly what they are doing. This is no different then what they did with Cass as Batgirl with the whole, "She's a better fighter then Batman."

They are really playing with fire when they do this. It might get a few people to pick up the comic, but in the end it just pissses off Superman and Batman fans and cause them to get resentful over the fact that they got to weaken their charecter to make another one look better. And they are right.

It seems they are using a lot gimicks to sell this charecter. I expected this to happen. DC rushed to fast in giving Supergirl her own title. They should have had her be  in Teen Titans or JL or something until her charecter was established better and if she was in fact a strong enough charecter to hold a title by herself.

Obviously she isn't, this is why they are having a DC icon like Wonder Woman in the title to help support it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L