superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Linda Danvers Still Alive?  (Read 23375 times)
Psi
Superman's Pal

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 06:06:24 AM »

Now, I can't get this pinpointed down.  But from what I hear, Linda Danvers may be returning to the DCU after events in Infinite Crisis.  As far as I know she'll be appearing in Supergirl.

Of course she won't be Supergirl, but she'll be in that book with Kara.

What I've heard.. I'll let you know when I have proof.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 01:06:18 AM »

PAD was in a bit of a rush, but I like how he ended things.  Linda can be gone for as short or as long as needed, with a post-cancellation backstory that can range from the mundane to the cosmic.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 12:39:31 AM »

Any bets that Linda ends up getting killed and Kara ends up assuming her identity?

Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 09:38:54 PM »

Quote from: "Psi"
Now, I can't get this pinpointed down.  But from what I hear, Linda Danvers may be returning to the DCU after events in Infinite Crisis.  As far as I know she'll be appearing in Supergirl.

Of course she won't be Supergirl, but she'll be in that book with Kara.

What I've heard.. I'll let you know when I have proof.
which comic book is it...do you mean the most recent one with the Superman/Batman series or the Adventures of Superman series?, or another one...i saw part of something like that i think it was issue #77 in  the Supergirl series...I REALLY WANT HER TO COME BACK...WHO'S WITH ME?

Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 10:36:57 AM »

Quote from: "DoctorZero"
Any bets that Linda ends up getting killed and Kara ends up assuming her identity?

maybe...i'll think about it

Psi
Superman's Pal

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 07:40:00 AM »

oooh, that would really irk me.  But at the same time... I can kinda see that happening to an extent.  It would give Kara back her civilian identity and name.  And she could be adopted by Fred and Sylvia (It was Sylvia right?  Edna was the Precrisis name I think).

Of course there would be some differences.  Kara would have an adopted brother named Wally this go round.

But NOOOOO... I want to see Linda and Kara getting a friendship together, with Linda dealing with issues she has, and Kara gaining a mentor that did earn the right to the name Supergirl.

I mean Wonder Girl should be living on Paradise Island, not SUPERGirl.  Bah.  

Still, if the only way to see Linda again ever was in at least a good story that led up to her death... that I'd deal with it.. just a chance to read about the character one more time.
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 10:36:10 AM »

But NOOOOO... I want to see Linda and Kara getting a friendship together, with Linda dealing with issues she has, and Kara gaining a mentor that did earn the right to the name Supergirl.

:lol: Whether or not Linda "earned" the name Supergirl is a matter of opinion...I personally don't think she did....What she did Earn should have been Angel-Girl :lol:

(It's no secret that the whole angel thing is what drove me at a fast paced run away from PAD's Supergirl)

Still, if the only way to see Linda again ever was in at least a good story that led up to her death... that I'd deal with it.. just a chance to read about the character one more time.

Now that I would have to disagree with.  Her death would mean nothing and there are too many in that infamous fridge already.  

Personally, I would like to see her back (never again associated with the Angel stuff, of course) in a supporting role in Supergirl or in another series (her own or some group) or not seen again rather than killed off for no other reason than to get rid of her.

As far as Kara taking on the Linda Danvers identity, you know, I would rather she didn't.  For two reasons:

1. it would only serve to antagonize those PAD fans that are willing to give this Kara a shot.

2. by taking on a different Identity, it would separate her from the SA Supergirl.  It would allow the writers more flexability in creating her personality if they did not have to try to make her match the Pre-Crisis kara.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 10:56:59 AM »

Another thought.  Not a good one.

I think it likely that Linda will be or already has been retconned out. Very quietly.

Think about it.  The Powers That Be are obviously squashing any direct mention of her in the stories.  They are insinuating that Kara has not learned that there was a Supergirl before her.  how could that be?  Surely some one would have made a direct mention of it. (Direct...I THINK Powergirl alluded to it but very vaguely).

And as a writer...wow.  I would jump at the chance to write the story of Kara learning of Linda...That would be the beginning of an adventure that would set her on Linda's trail. Always one step behind the tortured woman that did not want to be found.

until finally, They meet...and with Kara's help, Linda starts on the road to healing.

Unless they planned on Retconning her out, this seems to me to be something that would HAVE to happen.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L