superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:01:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Linda Danvers Still Alive?  (Read 23571 times)
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« on: April 06, 2005, 04:45:12 PM »

The way that Peter David just killed of Supergirl is quite annoying... Every Supergirl dies from Something.... Can't she NOT have a Power down for once, i mean she made a version of the Superman adventures Costume for Pete's sake! Is Linda Still alive... Y'know the Fallen angel story arc well the main character is Lee .... i'm just wondering if that's her if not Bring MAE/Supergirl/Linda Danvers BACK..... that felt good:)

Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 09:37:02 AM »

Quote from: "Supergrl5013"
The way that Peter David just killed of Supergirl is quite annoying... Every Supergirl dies from Something.... Can't she NOT have a Power down for once, i mean she made a version of the Superman adventures Costume for Pete's sake! Is Linda Still alive... Y'know the Fallen angel story arc well the main character is Lee .... i'm just wondering if that's her if not Bring MAE/Supergirl/Linda Danvers BACK..... that felt good:)

Well, PAD didn't kill off Linda. She just...went away.  Though he never said so specifically, he DID  hint heavily that people should not get hooked on the notion that Lee of Fallen Angel was Linda. (PAD just has a thing for angels, I guess  :lol: ).  I have personally thought that there was never any intent to have Linda be Lee...but by leaving the question unanswered, he could draw his Supergirl fans to the new book.  Hey...it worked....a good marketing move on his part.

As for bringing her back... uh...not for a while.  Let the new Kara get started and then (if Linda is still in continuity) let her show back up (uh....so long as she leaves the Matrix/angel-girl aspects out)...but as we've discussed on other boards, be prepared for differences...written by a new writer, she wouldn't be the same Linda.

As for her returning to be Supergirl...that ain't gonna happen.  At best I would imagine she might make an occasional appearance in the new supergirl as a new hero with a new name.  And I can see her as part of a another team...separate from the Super-family.

That is my imagination  :lol:  

What will probably be the sad reality is that Linida will never be heard from again.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 03:36:46 PM »

Nooooo** drones** I was begining to really like her up until Supergirl 50:)

Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 07:03:45 AM »

Quote from: "Dylan Clearbrook"

What will probably be the sad reality is that Linida will never be heard from again.

Odd.
Now there is a new Supergirl and nobody in the DC Universe remembers Linda. I hope to see her again, even if it'll be difficult...

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Psi
Superman's Pal

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 02:56:47 PM »

I agree one hundred percent.  DC is really starting to grate a bit. I wasn't crazy about the Matrix stuff, but in some way shape or form, that Linda/Matrix/Earth Angel thing was Supergirl for over a decade in the comic books.  No one deserves to be written off like that.

And yes, I would love to see Linda return either in the new Supergirl as a more solid mentor figure, or perhaps in another book, with a different name... although I would expect there to be some resentment about a different name.  I mean, Linda earned the right to be called Supergirl... at this point Kara got it for connections family wise...y'know?  And before anyone yells at me over the one true Supergirl, I mean as far as continuity goes...  As far as that goes, there has never been a Kara Zor-el before.
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 03:47:12 PM »

Quote from: "Psi"
I agree one hundred percent.  DC is really starting to grate a bit. I wasn't crazy about the Matrix stuff, but in some way shape or form, that Linda/Matrix/Earth Angel thing was Supergirl for over a decade in the comic books.  No one deserves to be written off like that.

And yes, I would love to see Linda return either in the new Supergirl as a more solid mentor figure, or perhaps in another book, with a different name... although I would expect there to be some resentment about a different name.  I mean, Linda earned the right to be called Supergirl... at this point Kara got it for connections family wise...y'know?  And before anyone yells at me over the one true Supergirl, I mean as far as continuity goes...  As far as that goes, there has never been a Kara Zor-el before.

Agreed... but i think that linda could of been in a What if....? issue like what if she didn't sacrifice her Supergirl self... then what would happen?

Supergrl5013
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 04:53:17 PM »

Quote from: "Supergrl5013"
Quote from: "Psi"

Agreed... but i think that linda could of been in a What if....? issue like what if she didn't sacrifice her Supergirl self... then what would happen?
any one have an answer to if Supergirl didn/t sacrfice her soul self...then what would happen and did you notice that when SG gets powered down after issue #50 i think... Linda's grumpy?  especially when she's trying to find the Supergirl half in Mexico. or something.

DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 03:16:33 AM »

I was annoyed the way they wrote Linda out.  Just because the series is ending does not mean the character has to be gone completely.
With Kara I doubt Linda will be seen for a long, long time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L