superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Linda Danvers Still Alive?  (Read 23617 times)
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 04:30:55 PM »

Supergrl5013, when R'E'L first appeared in Supergirl One Million (November, 1998) she did not reveal her parentage, though she was obviously a Superman descendant.  It was unclear how many generations had passed, since the DC One Million series happened in the distant future.  But in the last Peter David Supergirl issue, #80 (May 2003), Ariella and R'E'L were connected as the same person.  Now, it's unlikely that Peter David ever imagined R'E'L to be the daughter of Linda and an alternate Earth-1 Superman when he first created her, nor when R'E'L reappeared in "Sins of Youth".  But as Supergirl faced imminent cancellation Peter David probably had a last-minute flash of inspiration and "tied up loose ends" by retconning both characters to be one and the same.  (And since both were inspired by PAD's daughter Ariel, it made perfect sense -- after the fact.)

The story involving Mxy's "little bundle of joy" was Adventures of Superman #638 (May, 2005).  a summary and review can be seen at http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/2005-post-crisis-reviews/c-review-2005.php?topic=aos638

"Lana Lane-Kent" is a POSSIBLE future daughter, so she technically should be classified with all the other "Imaginary Story' daughters of Lois and Clark.  There's actually quite a few second-generation Supergirls, but most only made one appearance.  I did find it somewhat amusing that Mxy would show Clark and Lois a daughter so soon after the Cir-El fiasco -- from what little we saw of Lana, I think she was "Cir-El done RIGHT".  Perhaps she was a "wink" to the fans, showing that DC COULD make an appealing Clark/Lois superdaughter, and Cir-El was only a plot-driven aberration?   :wink:

As for Birds of Prey, I cannot recall any crossover involving either Matrix or Linda, though Power Girl was a onetime Oracle agent before a blotched mission.  PeeGee quit and carried bitter feeling towards Oracle for a long time.  (This was before Gail Simone took on the Birds -- perhaps the tension between Babs and Karen is softening now.)

DTO
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 05:49:05 PM »

As for Birds of Prey, I cannot recall any crossover involving either Matrix or Linda, though Power Girl was a onetime Oracle agent before a blotched mission.  PeeGee quit and carried bitter feeling towards Oracle for a long time.  (This was before Gail Simone took on the Birds -- perhaps the tension between Babs and Karen is softening now.)

sorry it wasn't" birds of prey"..i remember somewhere Peter stated in his blog that if Linda Danvers'/Supergirl run wouldn't have ended he would've chosen the Linda Danvers Supergirl, Powergirl, and the other Supergirl for  a bird of prey-like group...

I found it.

http://peterdavid.malibulist.com/archives/001127.html

dto
Action Ace

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 09:37:09 AM »

Ah, yes -- Blonde Justice.  I heard about this proposal, but I don't see how it could have continued for long since Kara HAD to return to her own time... and die.   Cry

And DC seems dead set against any "light-hearted" book right now.   Imagine what Infinite Crisis would have done -- Ariella would have returned, joining Alexander Luthor and Superanakin Primewalker because she wants her daddy restored.  In the climatic fight, Ariella is about to kill Kara when Linda intercedes, receiving the deadly blow.  Horrified, a sobbing Ariella flees right into the waiting arms of Buzz, who convinces the distraught child that HE is her "real daddy" and takes her away to plan revenge on "those who REALLY killed mommy"... 

All in all, it's perhaps best that Blonde Justice wasn't launched, and Linda Danvers retreated to Limbo.  I suspect Linda would have defintely been "Crisis fodder" if she was still around.   Sad

DTO
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L