superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:34:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PowerGirl?  (Read 6307 times)
Psi
Superman's Pal

« on: April 12, 2005, 03:37:46 PM »

Okay, I get JSA, but I still have questions that I think are being answered in other comics...  

I hear they are tweaking PGs history and origin a bit.  Its been hinted at that is no way Karas powers can be magical, that they are physical is some way.

Is there anything anyone can tell me to help clear this up for me? Do they plan on tying her more firmly into the Superman mythos? And if not, what are they doing with her?!?!

Thanks guys, I appreciate any imput.
Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 10:23:27 AM »

Quote from: "Psi"
Okay, I get JSA, but I still have questions that I think are being answered in other comics...  

I hear they are tweaking PGs history and origin a bit.  Its been hinted at that is no way Karas powers can be magical, that they are physical is some way.

Is there anything anyone can tell me to help clear this up for me? Do they plan on tying her more firmly into the Superman mythos? And if not, what are they doing with her?!?!

I don't see how they can tie PowerGirl more firmly into the Superman mythos. They have already retconed away her existance as the Earth-2 counterpart of Supergirl and we have the Kara Zor-El Supergirl back again as well as the Matrix Supergirl
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 03:39:16 PM »

n the Justic League Unlimited it said that Power Girl was a clone of SG in Fearful Symmetry  so it might be a possibility... but i don't think that she  should be in the Superman Mythos...it just sounds a litttle awkward.

Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 04:48:25 PM »

Well, it just seems awkward in the post-Crisis "only one Earth, one Superman" mythos, vs. the pre-Crisis mythos PG originally was conceived for (as the Earth-2 Superman's cousin). Still scratching my head on the "she's from Atlantis" origin revision...

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 05:17:15 PM »

Well, I don't know what is going on with the convoluted Post-Crisis comics (jeepers I thought it was suppose to be easlier to understand).

Anyway, take this for what it is worth, direct from DC:

SUPERGIRL #1
Written by Jeph Loeb
Art by Ian Churchill & Norm Rapmund
Covers by Churchill & Rapmund and Michael Turner
Superstar writer Jeph Loeb and the red-hot art team of Ian Churchill & Norm Rapmund join forces to deliver a new monthly series spinning out of the sell-out run in SUPERMAN/BATMAN featuring the adventures of Superman's cousin from Krypton, the one and only Kara Zor-el! Kara's story begins with the same brand of high-flying adventure as she begins her whirlwind tour of the DCU! And the first hero she squares off against is Power Girl! Before this tale guest-starring the JSA is complete, secrets behind the origins of both will be revealed! Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers by Ian Churchill & Norm Rapmund (75%) Michael Turner (25%). The Turner cover is shown above; please see page 53 for the Churchill cover.
On sale August 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US Edited by Eddie Berganza

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 04:56:30 AM »

The first arc of JSA: Classified will be nailing down Power Girl's origins Once And For All. . .until Infinite Crisis sweeps everything under the rug again.

. . .*cough*. . . Wink

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 12:44:24 AM »

I don't know exactly what they can do, other than claim she's from Daxam or a clone of Supergirl.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L