superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question  (Read 9519 times)
MichaelBailey
Superman Emergency Squad

This Ain't No Sippin' Tea

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 05:26:33 AM »

Yeah, but on the other hand if they released too many of the Archive Editions it would flood the market.  $50 a pop is a lot for the average fan to spend.

My hope is that if the BATMAN CHRONICLES is successful that they will do the same with Superman.

"I now own well over 13,000 comic books.  Most people would call this a hobby.  I prefer to call it was it actually is; a hopeless addiction." -MRB
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 03:23:29 PM »

Quote from: "MichaelBailey"
Yeah, but on the other hand if they released too many of the Archive Editions it would flood the market.  $50 a pop is a lot for the average fan to spend.

My hope is that if the BATMAN CHRONICLES is successful that they will do the same with Superman.

I have yet to pay $50 for any of my archives. Most of they can be had for the price of a normal TPB.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MichaelBailey
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 03:30:51 PM »

Lucky you.  Most of the places around here have them for the cover price.  Of course I haven't tried Ebay yet, where I have seen some cheaper prices.

"I now own well over 13,000 comic books.  Most people would call this a hobby.  I prefer to call it was it actually is; a hopeless addiction." -MRB
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 04:22:08 PM »

just go to Amazon.com they have them at good prices.

Superman Archives - Volume 1 has just been re-released for $19.95 retail and Amazon has it for $13.57.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MichaelBailey
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 02:35:34 AM »

Thanks for the tip.  I keep meaning to get around to checking out Amazon.com.  I actually managed to get the first two volumes at a used book/comic book store for about ten bucks a piece, but that was a fluke.

chin85
Superman Fan

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 10:48:13 PM »

I'm planning on buying some late 80's superman comics from e-bay, I have asked the seller if they are first prints and he has said "I think so". How can I tell if they are reprints or not? thanks
MichaelBailey
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 04:17:27 AM »

The best way to find out if a comic from that era is to look at all the little legal mumbo jumbo at the bottom of the splash page and see if it says second or third printing.  Usually it written in a different font than the rest of the wording.

Around 1988/1989 DC released reprints of their books in three packs that were mostly sold at toy stores.  The interesting thing about these printing is that the ads and the back cover all matched books published years afterwards.  So one of the copies of Superman (vol. 2) #3 I owned and a copy of a Batman book published in 1987 had ads from 1989, strange as it sounds.

Later on DC would put roman numerals to denote what printing the book was.

My suggestion is to ask the seller if any of the comics have 2nd printing listed in the places listed above.

chin85
Superman Fan

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 12:58:30 PM »

Could someone tell me which issue has Luthor punching superman with the kryptonite ring? thanks
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L