superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonTomorrow's Lesson!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would YOU do...if YOU were Superman?  (Read 13755 times)
Leonardo
« on: April 15, 2005, 05:08:59 AM »

Hi all!

Y´know, I´ve had a crazy idea....but I was thinking, what would each of US do, were we gifted with Superman´s powers for say, one month? What would be our priorities, how would we go about fixing things? (Or not, who knows...) So I´d like to ask each of you, what would be YOUR superactions? :?:  C´mon now, the show is yours! In the end, we could even vote for the top 5 suggestions  Smiley
McDuff
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 05:26:38 AM »

Well, interesting question...I think everyone has had a little of this dream....anyway, here is my list (it would take more than one month):

1) Destroy all nukes, except 20 for the US n 20 for Russia.
2) Destroy all drug plantations, replanting them with food harvests.
3) Remove all tyrants from power.
4) Destroy 97% of the world´s weapons.
5) Clean up most of the pollution. Compress all radioactive waste, litter and junk dumps into huge balls and throw them at the sun. At superspeed, clean oceans, rivers and lakes.
6) Transport shiploads of medicines for poor countries.
7) Transport shiploads of food for poor areas.
Cool Open new rivers across deserts.
9) Build huge dampers in Indian Ocean coasts to offset tsunamis.
10) Throw tons of birth control pills into the lakes n rivers of areas with too much population growth.
11) Build Huge city-sized buildings, like Krypton´s, so people could move into them and cities would not spread horizontally, keeping environmental disruption minimal.
12) Demolish most of current cities (after empty) and free their land, turning them into harvested areas.
13) Build huge solar panel satellites to provide us with clean energy.
14) Work with Interpol, find out the main criminals and crooked politicians and jail them.
15) Get a holiday!
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 02:35:23 AM »

Hmm.... guess whatever it is I'd do wouldn't fall within "playing God/judge and jury to humanity" and would have to fit in with Supes' "prime directive" attitude toward his actions (i.e., guiding humanity to a better goal, but not, say, destroying nuclear weapons without permission---which didn't work out too well in "Superman IV" ;-) ).

Things I *could* imagine doing:

- Dealing with natural disasters. I suspect this *alone* would keep me quite busy.

- Helping out areas too poor to pay for things like better housing, environmental cleanup, etc. Building housing (like some "super-Habitat For Humanity"?) or new schools, for instance.

- Assuming we're talking Earth-One Superman powers here, remove all nuclear *waste* (vs. weapons) on Earth and take it to an uninhabited solar system, to dispose of in its sun. A non-red sun, of course. ;-) Also urge more investigation into alternative energy sources.

- Relieve drought conditions in Africa, along with trying to somehow resolve its problem with AIDS being rampant (suppose could use my super-scientific prowess to try to find some sort of a cure/vaccine, though from stories I've read in the past, I suspect I wouldn't be successful. Might be better off trying to raise funding for AIDS prevention in Africa or purchases of HIV drugs instead somehow, if not generate curent-day-style HIV drugs myself and dispense those...).

- Using my stature to urge humanity to resolve its conflicts peacefully and better itself (without war/bloodshed)

- Help out the tsunami victims.

- Have a long talk with the editors at DC about their comics' current "direction". ;-) (Yeah, I just read "Countdown to Infinite Crisis." Masochistic, I know...)

- See if my coworkers are fooled by the glasses I normally wear in my civilian identity (I *do* wear glasses in real life, though...).

- Deal with my romantic interest constantly trying to prove I'm really Super-(insert heroic name here), while also dodging the question of marriage. ;-)

- Visit the galaxy at large (to see what it's like).

- Travel into the past and the future (to see what it's like, again). Probably try to meet Martin Luther King in person (assuming Earth-One's time travel rules, couldn't alter the past or anything, and I wouldn't turn into an invisible phantom---I wasn't born until years after his death...though that "Phantom" rule does preclude my visiting the late 70's to experience that era in a form other than as a preschooler, hmph...).

- Upon approval, use my x-ray vision to detect and remove all land mines in areas littered with them.

- Shore up major environmental areas using my powers as best I could (planting trees at super-speed or somesuch).

That's all I can think of for now...

Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 12:22:07 AM »

Quote from: "Leonardo"
Hi all!

Y´know, I´ve had a crazy idea....but I was thinking, what would each of US do, were we gifted with Superman´s powers for say, one month? What would be our priorities, how would we go about fixing things? (Or not, who knows...) So I´d like to ask each of you, what would be YOUR superactions? :?:  C´mon now, the show is yours! In the end, we could even vote for the top 5 suggestions  Smiley

I think it would help if we defined ''powers' here. The Silver-Bronze Superman had access to all the Kryptonian technology which could control weather and the like but never did anything with it. Also which Superman you are getting the power of would determine what you could do. Golden, Silver-Bronze, and Iron all have wildly different power levels. With the Silver-Bronze age Superman for example you can time travel and possibly change history.

The biggest problem is how to make lasting changes. Remember your powers will go kaput in one month's time so short term stunts like destroying all the nukes (shades of Sueprman IV) are not going to do much.
Souperman
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 09:07:53 PM »

1.  Being Super no give into my ego that would be the same proportion, so I think I'd be invisible.
2.  Dumong poulted matter into space is more likely going to affect some sort of life, so th best option is to wrap it in super vials of glass and bury it deep, where it might supply internal heat for suface houses in the mountains of Pakistan that has had the recent earthquakes.
3.  Show all earthmen there is life on other planets then we might stop arguing amongst ourselfs.
TheGreenLantern68
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »

In addition to obvious things like busting up street crimes, every global natural disaster, trapped mining victim, tsunami flooded villiage, leaking-levy city or brushfire-battling firemen would have a new champion.
BBally81
Supermen of America

Superfan For All Seasons

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »

I guess I would do whatever I can to help people and society without letting it get to my head.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN
1Superman4Me
Superman Fan

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »

i'd definitely FLY... don't know what i'd do after that though.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L