superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lack of interest lately?  (Read 5739 times)
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: April 18, 2005, 11:25:14 PM »

I notice business around Supermanica has been quiet as of late but I suppose real-life concerns are occupying people a lot lately (a problem I'm having myself the last while and probably for sometime to come) to prevent them from continuing a lot of contributions! ... Please don't take this as a put-me-down people, we're all doing great work!  Cheesy

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 02:51:18 AM »

also please do something about the spammers.

My College days coming to an end, so I am just too busy to add anything anytime soon. That will change during the summer.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 05:29:06 AM »

Ive been grinding out yarns for the Weekly World News creating a new mythology so been hard pressed to delve into my favorite mythology.

Oh yeah.. a recurring character is mad doc JORdan ELlison, a gene splicer who warns of the coming CATaclysm when he's not making tree men or sheep gals. :roll:

He had nothing to do with the sentient potatoes...I swear it!  :wink:

Oh yeah Shriek Show comics1: The Mark of Shadow which I wrote is finally out! look for Tony (CandyMan) Todd on the cover.

End of shameless self promotion plug.  Now what about those twop alien gamblers from the planet Ventura?  Smiley
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 06:35:42 AM »

Way to go Klar!

I've been busy elsewhere myself, but the Encyclopedia is always on my mind.

One current side project is the list of working class heroes I mentioned in the Super Friends forum here --look for an online archive soon!  :oops:

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 01:20:20 PM »

As with Kal's Pal, real life's been getting in the way lately, so I haven't had as much time as I'd like to devote to Supermanica.

But I did manage to sketch out Lois Lane and Hercules, with a planned Rose and the Thorn sketch in the works. :wink:

Who goes there?!
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 03:55:23 PM »

I havent even begun to pencil out my B&W Flame Dragon Vs Superman illo.

Oh and for those interested Id thought Id post the cover to the funny book I wrote.  Art by Adriano the Pitiless.  

And yeah, here's a lot of Super-refs in it! S!

Young Shadow at age 12 is reading his favorite comix in 1966 - Generic Man and The Frantic Four!  Adriano even did some mock Swan panels. :wink:

Even did one of me as Bizarre...uh...Weird Numbah One! :shock:

Later in the arc we'll see the filming of Generic Man on the streets of NYC as Young Shadow continues his descent from idealism into Lovecraftian baddie.

The film is "Shadow:Dead Riot" and will be preeming at Cannes. Super powered combatants (Shadow and  super-girl Solitaire )battle inside Damnation Prison as zombies challenge the girls inmates!

In other words......a typical triple feature on 42nd Street in the 70s! :roll:  

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 05:20:30 AM »

Klar, that sounds really weird!  Are you actually in it or did I read your post wrong?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 11:36:38 AM »

Quote from: "TELLE"
Klar, that sounds really weird!  Are you actually in it or did I read your post wrong?

The film? Uh...I wrote the original story & screenplay, created the characters and was associate producer. In it? No.  Mike Gingold from Fangoria magazine did the finished script and it was directed by Derek Wan who's shot a lot of kung fu flicks.

Think Buffy in a women's prison. :shock: But without the witty dialog (mine all got cut).

Oh - the comic? That's just a Stan Soapbox illo of me as Weird Numbah One - complete with cape and medallion and a lot of muscles I dont have in real life.  :wink:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L