superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:59:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let The Speculation Begin! Superman Returns Toys!  (Read 8401 times)
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« on: April 19, 2005, 05:12:57 PM »

The more I hear about this movie, the more excited I am about its release next summer.

What toys/figures do you think (realistically, now) will be made for the movie?

Here's my list:

Superman
Clark Kent/Superman
Space Suit Superman
Lex Luthor
Possibly a battle suit Luthor if they manage to get him in one for the movie
Whatever Kryptonian criminals appear in the film

I suspect we'll also see a rocketship like the one Superman will use for his space travels. A Fortress of Solitude would be nice, but I don't know if it'll be made.

Your thoughts?  

Gernot...

tgallagher
Supermen of America

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

one of those big action figures like they released for spiderman 2 would be good with over 30 points of articulation

SUPERMAN V

http://www.freewebs.com/supermansupersite
Please Visit My website
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 09:45:56 PM »

I don't know if they'll do THAT, but I'm sure we'll get a 12" figure, like they're doing for Batman.  Wink  

A 30" figure would be GREAT, though!  Wink  

Gernot...

Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 11:11:44 PM »

Last week I'd have told you anything Superman - but since the pic that came out I'm not so sure anymore...

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 02:28:46 AM »

Oh I don't know, I'd say that picture makes it easier to imagine toys.  Whatever material the suit's made out of it makes him look like an action figure already!

I predict a whole line of Superman figure variants that have nothing to do with the movie itself, a Lex Luthor and a Lois Lane that look like anyone but the actors and a slew of vehicles no one can explain the existence of or need for.

And just because Hulk sold a few, a pair of Superman "fists" that make crashing noises.

This looks like a job for...
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 10:36:04 AM »

Eh, I dunno about a Lois Lane figure.  "Girls don't sell well as action figures", remember?   :roll:  

I DO see the possibility of Superman's baby rocket, and the rocket he uses to go in search of Krypton, as well as the rocket that brings him back home (if they use a third rocket).  

There!  That's THREE vehicles with a good explanation for each one!  lol  

Gernot...

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 01:26:35 PM »

Further predictions:

Slews of these toys will still be on the pegs come Christmas 2006 as kids across America show their total indifference to the film.  

DC Direct will offer ten statues of the movie-design Superman in various poses, retailing at $400 each.

Fathers everywhere will note the tiny speedos Superman has apparently borrowed from "Ace and Gary" and will nervously guide their sons to the "Hot Wheels" aisle instead.

This looks like a job for...
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 09:25:14 PM »

I think we're gonna see toys, coloring books, T-shirts, and things just like we did back in 1978.  

I also think Brandon Routh is gonna shut up a LOT of his nay-sayers come next summer.  I think the movie's gonna do just fine.  Wink  

Gernot...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L