superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kryptonite Question  (Read 6301 times)
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 03:53:19 PM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"

No Orange or Purple K yet.  But, we'll see what comes up.

Were those types in SUPERMAN/BATMAN # 6, am I right?

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 06:28:44 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
This is from an old postcard I have around somewhere.  It might be useful.  As usual, click to ZOOM in:

S!

That is awesome --I'd like to send some of those!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 04:37:56 PM »

Quote from: "mysterycycle"
I apologize if this question has been asked to death, but I tried the Search function and didn't really come up with what I was looking for.

How did Kryptonite get to Earth?  It seems like an awfully long way away for fragments of Krypton to tumble through space at sub-light speeds...

I assume there are probably as many answers to this as there are Superman series, graphic novels, Otherworlds books, animated and live-action television series, and movies.  Still, I'd love to hear a consensus on this question from the people who know the comics.

Pre-Crisis it was stated in Action #500 that the warp-drive Jor-El developed was flawed and created a sort of 'space-warp' between Earth and Krypton through which Krytonite and about everything Jor-El had shot up into space had been pulled through.

Post-Crisis where was originally one piece of Krytonite which caught ont he tail of the rocket. Then Luthor developed a way manufacture the stuff but artifical K didn't seem as effective as the real stuff. Then Batman fiddled with the piece Superman gave him and came up with Red K which turned Superman's skin transparent and sent his powers throught he roof to the point he could not really do anything. Now we have multicolored K again. Hopefully not with the same powers as before.
SteamTeck
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 01:07:43 AM »

Please not multicolored K again.  It's not the trappings of the silver age that made it fun but the spirit IMO.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L