superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSupermanicaHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:19:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why no Post-Crisis on this site?  (Read 16170 times)
jgiannantoni05
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: May 10, 2005, 12:49:54 AM »

I have one big question about this website.  I've noticed nothing about Post-Crisis Superman is on this site.  Why?  Does the site founder not like Post-Crisis Superman?

I myself prefer the Post-Crisis Superman continuity, though I do enjoy a little Pre-Crisis stuff.  And I love Superman: The Movie.  Sure they're have been some rought spots in the Post-Crisis, but overall its been a lot more coherent and less silly.  I love Post-Crisis Lex particularly.  I did not like Birthright, I thought it was a travesty.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 01:24:01 AM »

Because this is a Pre-Crisis Site (the only post-crisis comics here refer to the Pre-crisis on some level), if you like the Post-Crisis version better you can just go to the DC boards which has a large number of Post-Crisis fans. If someone is a pre-crisis fan they come here. If someone likes both but still like the pre-crisis version better and would like to talk about the pre-crisis version then this is the place for them. This is a place for Pre-Crisis fans to discuss the Superman that they love.

To find out why this site was created and what it is all about, please go here and read this: http://superman.nu/X/

Thank you,

-SM

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
jgiannantoni05
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 01:47:18 AM »

Thanks for the link to the mission statement.  I didn't see that.

What about you Super Monkey, do you just like Pre-Crisis or like both but prefer Pre?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 04:00:26 AM »

I really only like the Pre-Crisis Superman comics. There are only a few post-crisis Superman comics (very few) that I like but even they are not as fun as the old stuff.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 05:12:15 AM »

Even Alan Moore loves Pre-Crisis - his recent Supreme TPBs are virual love ltters to pre-crisis mythos and a reminder of how comics can be fun and mythological without diminishing the deeper characterizations.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 06:59:56 PM »

Short answer as to why no post-crisis:

When I started the site, it was to correct the fact that all the other superman sites at the time were post-crisis only.

So I was covering what they didn't.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
jgiannantoni05
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 01:55:32 PM »

I see Great Rao, thanks for the response.  

I think it would make your site even better if someday you have a Post-Crisis mini-section or something.
Because while their is some good Post-Crisis coverage out there, alot of people still go uneducated about it also, thanks to poor info or lack of info.  Plus, it would be nifty if you could get great Pre and Post-Crisis info all on one site, instead of going to many different sites.  As you correctly noted, sites only cover one or the other adequately, and most cover Post.

Through the Ages, Superman has had a Pre and Post-Crisis existence, and maybe both could be covered all on one site.
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 03:51:04 PM »

While I liked some post-crisis stuff, I too prefer Superman's pre-Crisis self (don't care for stuff like Clark as a jock in high school, Clark sent to Earth as a fetus, the "death penalty for the PZ crooks" thing, plus I liked the old Superboy [the new one's OK, but not the same...]).

For post-Crisis info, the (somewhat plainly named) "Superman Homepage" strikes me as the just-as-thorough counterpart to this website---it has tons of info, FAQs, etc. with a mainly-post-Crisis (though with a few reviews of old pre-Crisis comics) slant. Both that site and this one used together would easily cover all of Superman's existence/history, IMO. (IIRC, someone from that site once asked on here to write said pre-Crisis reviews, yes?).

The Superman Homepage's website is here: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L