superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonComing MIRACLE MONDAY 2017!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Superman Suit  (Read 6619 times)
on3vision
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: May 14, 2005, 12:22:03 AM »

Does anyone out there like the new superman suit?? I think they should stick to the traditional red and blue not maroon and dark blue, it just looks so tacky.  Kind of upsetting.
Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 01:29:06 AM »

Quote from: "on3vision"
Does anyone out there like the new superman suit?? I think they should stick to the traditional red and blue not maroon and dark blue, it just looks so tacky.  Kind of upsetting.

I think the darker colors are better because it gest away fomr the limitations of the four color process which is why Superman's outfit reamined basicly the same in comics for nearly 70 years.

I should mentions the short lived Flash TV series had Barry in a darker red then what he had worn in the comics IIRC. Sadly the series dies not because of its storyline but because the network keep moving it without tell anyone about it. The result was the show loss what following it had developed.
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 07:15:03 AM »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that they are using a darker suit for a matter of lights... The suit is dark, but on the screen lights could make appear it as the classic red and blue costume.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 11:38:56 PM »

The suit's not really maroon. The pic was heavily desaturated (proof: Routh's Spock pallor in it). Sources in the know say the red will be much more vibrant on film.

Not that the darker red hasn't been done before. Max Fleischer used it, the comics used it in the 1989 story "Exile" (the costume colors there match the Routh suit exactly) and in "OWAW", and Superman III used it for the sequence where Superman gets corrupted and split in half. So it's not unusual for Superman to wear dark red at times.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 06:09:40 AM »

I will say this --- any Superman costume looks better than any X-Men, Spider-Man or Daredevil costume in my opinion.  In other words let the DC movies begin.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
on3vision
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 10:05:45 PM »

Thanks for the replys...very informative...reassured my belief that Singer will not mess this movie up.  THanks!
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 05:16:54 PM »

On3vision, I've got a feeling a LOT of the people griping about Routh and/or the Superman suit will be eating their words in the summer of 2006!  

Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L