superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:53:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Miracle Monday 2005  (Read 4921 times)
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« on: May 16, 2005, 06:11:59 AM »

Good Miracle Monday to one and all.  Hope you all have a Super Day

Elliot S! Maggin notes: (from 1983's DCCP Annual #2)

"This is something I never really made much of or told anyone about, but for me, at least, Miracle Monday is a real holiday. In the book it's the third Monday of every May.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 02:53:42 PM »

This is indeed a special day.  Since Elliot S! Maggin noted that May 18, 1981 was the FIRST Miracle Monday, May 16, 2005 is actually the 25th Miracle Monday.  Be sure to celebrate accordingly!    Smiley

(I'm going to DISNEYLAND!)  Cheesy

DTO
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 03:51:35 PM »

Happy Miracle Monday to you guys, too!

And thanks for the Silver Anniversary heads-up (#25).  It's fitting that a site that celebrates the Silver Age also is celebrating the Silver Anniversary of Miracle Monday.

Smiley

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 08:38:48 PM »

Happy Miracle Monday everyone!

And thanks dto for pointing out that today is the 25th Miracle Monday!

I plan to celebrate by watching Superman: The Movie tonight.

My apologies for an apparent website glitch:  Unfortunately, our weekly chapter countdown to Miracle Monday is off this year.  When I first set up the system a few years ago, Miracle Monday fell during the 21st week of the year, and when I eyeballed a few future calanders, it looked as though Miracle Monday would always take place during the 21st week of the year.  So I set up the automated chapter scheduling system accordingly.  But this year, the first of the month was on a Sunday, so Miracle Monday falls in the 20th week of the year.

If you've been following the countdown and want to read the next two chapters, just click on the "READ THE NOVEL" link and read the two after "The Lock": "The Reckoning" and "The Miracle" to catch up.  Or just continue to follow along and wait until next Monday to read "The Miracle," and that way you can celebrate two  Miracle Mondays this year. :oops:

My apologies.  Hopefully things will be back in synch next year.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 10:08:03 PM »

I always celebrate by rereading the Miracle Monday novel.

I'm on page 146 of 205 as of this writing and plan to finish before midnight tonight.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 04:26:38 AM »

Good Miracle Monday!

Quote from: "Great Rao"
...you can celebrate two Miracle Mondays this year.   :oops:  

You can never have too many Miracle Mondays!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 06:40:58 PM »

May 16th was Miracle Monday 2005?  :shock:

YAY!  Cheesy  My birthday was on Miracle Monday this year! Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.  :wink:

Who goes there?!
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 07:57:39 PM »

Quote from: "Bill 9000"
May 16th was Miracle Monday 2005?  :shock:

YAY!  Cheesy  My birthday was on Miracle Monday this year! Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.  :wink:

Happy (Belated) Miracle Monday Birthday to you, Bill 9000!  I hope it was a good one.  And it's certainly a better occasion to share your birthday on the DC calendar than "Insect Queen Day".   :wink:

DTO
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L