superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:38:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batman vs superman  (Read 6568 times)
neogenesses
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: May 16, 2005, 10:35:17 PM »

ok i have a question who is better superman or batman. Can i get a really detailed list of how which is better.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 01:12:13 AM »

what do you think?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 04:35:54 AM »

Superman is better at flying, looking through walls, and stopping meteors from flattening Metropolis.

Batman is better at swinging on a rope, driving the Batmobile, and figuring out the Riddler's riddles.

:lol:

In other words, they're both pretty cool!
Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 12:43:04 PM »

Quote from: "neogenesses"
ok i have a question who is better superman or batman. Can i get a really detailed list of how which is better.

This is really a useless question. :roll: Each has certain things they are good at but they step off of those areas they are kind of useless. Also how good they are varies on the writer and the period (Gold, Silver, Bronze, Iron) you are dealing with.

For example for much of the Silver Age Superman could not analyze his way out of a paper bag. For example in the silver age he knew Luthor had made an antidote but when he did his research he goes through over 1000 experiments and then stupidly deduces there is no antidote. In the Bronze age Superman got much better in this regard and finally started to think about things rather than just blinding rushing in as he had during the Silver Age.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 01:30:35 PM »

And now that we're in the modern age, he's a moron again.  Cheesy

Really, when it comes to comic book fans, a smarter character isn't necessarily "better."  Wolverine won't be making it into Mensa any time soon, and he's wildly popular.  The Hulk has been a huge fan favorite for decades and he's got barely enough brain function to maintain bladder control.

Anyway, "better" is always a matter of taste.  I've never understood why fans feel a compulsion to build their own favorites up by tearing every other character down.  Superman is great for what he is, Batman is great for what he is (though both are mishandled lately).

This looks like a job for...
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 03:01:59 PM »

LOL  I think this has been debated ever since they were introduced and it will never be settled. We all have our favorites and reasons why.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 04:07:14 PM »

who is better superman or batman.

They are both better.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 06:38:19 PM »

I think Nightwing's nailed this one right on the head. Neither character is "better" than the other, unless you boil it down to a matter of personal pereference. For example, my preference is for Superman, but is he actually a "better" character than Batman? No. The reverse is just as true. And I also agree that both have been handled stupidly of late. But I got my first look at Batman: Dark Detective and it was like a breath of fresh air.

Who goes there?!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L