superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:07:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When Superboy moved a solar system by dragging it on a chain  (Read 11766 times)
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 05:00:50 PM »

I remember seeing a scan of it once about 8 months ago somewhere, I just can't remember where.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 05:29:05 PM »

Llozymandias, naturally I was joking about the "lightness" of gas giants.  Due to their size alone these planets would have incredible mass.  And it would be tricky to move Saturn without adversely affecting the ring orbits.

Johnny Nevada, I enjoyed your interchange between Superman and the comic writer.  It reminded me of the times the Earth-1 Superman wondered how people attributed the "Up, up and awaaaay!" line to him -- certainly HE never said that!   :wink:

If there ever was a Hypertime gathering of various Superman incarnations (including duplicates of the movie and television versions), I'd love to see the Fleischer Brother's animated Superman utter those words, while the others react by exchanging knowing looks and muttering, "Oh, so HE'S the one who started it!"  (Or was it some other Superman who first originated that phrase?)

DTO
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 02:39:32 AM »

Quote from: "dto"
Llozymandias, naturally I was joking about the "lightness" of gas giants.  Due to their size alone these planets would have incredible mass.  And it would be tricky to move Saturn without adversely affecting the ring orbits.

Johnny Nevada, I enjoyed your interchange between Superman and the comic writer.  It reminded me of the times the Earth-1 Superman wondered how people attributed the "Up, up and awaaaay!" line to him -- certainly HE never said that!   :wink:

If there ever was a Hypertime gathering of various Superman incarnations (including duplicates of the movie and television versions), I'd love to see the Fleischer Brother's animated Superman utter those words, while the others react by exchanging knowing looks and muttering, "Oh, so HE'S the one who started it!"  (Or was it some other Superman who first originated that phrase?)

It probably originated with the radio version of Superman, since in radio, one needs such stage directions to convey what's going on (IIRC, he'd also say "down!" when landing). Though think Roy Thomas suggested that at least some of the radio adventures happened to the Earth-2 Superman, so I guess the others would have to blame *him* for starting this. :-)

Asgardian
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 04:07:23 AM »

Here you go RedSun:

Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 06:28:45 AM »

Quote from: "Asgardian"
Here you go RedSun:

Those Earth-Prime writers must've *really* creatively interpreted their "signals" from Earth-One. ;-)

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 01:33:23 PM »

Quote from: "Johnny Nevada"
It probably originated with the radio version of Superman, since in radio, one needs such stage directions to convey what's going on (IIRC, he'd also say "down!" when landing).

"Up, up, and away" was Bud Collyer's contribution.

IIRC, Superman "flying" as opposed to taking mighty leaps was Bud Collyer's contribution, because flying was easier to convey over the radio than leaping.
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

Haha thanks, I actually posted that image on imageshack. I should have replied when I located it originally.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »

Wow!  Thanks, Asgardian.

That has to be one of the most impressive feats I've ever seen.  Superboy doesn't seem to be even breathing hard so it looks like this is a pretty casual feat for him.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L