superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:22:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In editorial shuffle, Matt Idleson new Superman editor  (Read 3462 times)
ProfPotter
Supermen of America

« on: June 10, 2005, 10:50:34 PM »

According to Newsarama, there will be an editorial shuffle after Infinite Crisis.  Two of the changes:

"Current Batman Group Editor Bob Schreck will move from the Bat-office to overseeing the All-Star line. “Bob will be there to help solidify that line, and build those projects, as well as take on some new, high-end special projects,” DiDio said."

"Following from that change, Peter Tomasi will become the editor on Batman and Detective Comics, while the Superman titles will move from Eddie Berganza to current Bat-editor, Matt Idleson. Berganza will receive the JLA in addition to his other titles."
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 08:47:53 AM »

Eddie Berganza is one of the best editors in the business, and I'll miss him. I loved almost every run released during his reign on the Super books.
I hope that Matt Idelson can replace him well.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
SteamTeck
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 06:10:29 PM »

Quote from: "Genis Vell"
Eddie Berganza is one of the best editors in the business, and I'll miss him. I loved almost every run released during his reign on the Super books.
I hope that Matt Idelson can replace him well.

Respectfully I must disagree. This news has  brightened my whole day!!!
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 06:36:14 PM »

Let's hope this editorial change makes for better books.  Eddie has been blamed for most of the superbook failures, even when evidence exists that he's not the one driving those failures. (By that I mean that some creators have made statements offline in interviews that show their personal takes that aren't influenced in anyway by DC nor Berganza's interference.)

I guess the upside is we'll know for certain whether it's editorial screw-up or genuine creator root cause for what's happening in the superbooks.  The best case scenario is we get some splendid superbooks.  The worst case scenario is the drek continues but we can't blame Berganza anymore.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Mart
Superman Fan

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 10:25:30 PM »

And good luck to everyone in their new jobs. I haven't enjoyed a good few of the storylines while Eddie has been on the books, but as has been said, it's not necessarily all his fault. And anyway, an editor should get to tailor a book to their vision; if it happens to coincide with mine, great, but no one gave me a guarantee that would be the case.

How ironic (choke)
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 02:39:08 PM »

I've been disappointed with Eddie's run on the books.  I think a change at this time will be for the good of the titles.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L