superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonK-Metal Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timeline: 1st Appearances of each Supergirl, Superwoman, etc  (Read 26429 times)
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 04:43:10 AM »

Quote from: "Kan-El"
sry but even thought i like DC comics and the cocept of Multiverse, time travel and all i dont even noe the ans 2 this question:

U mentioned Earth-1, Earth-2 etc.
but which is the mainstream timeline for DC???

Earth-1, -2, etc. were all part of a multiverse that existed before the 1985-86 miniseries "Crisis on Infinite Earths"; said miniseries consolidated all the Earths into just one sole universe, and retroactively changed the history of various DC characters (Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.). Thus, the terms "pre-Crisis" to refer to older versions of Superman, and "post-Crisis" to refer to the version of Superman (and other characters/DC's "official" history) that've existed since 1986. Thus, the current DC universe follows the post-Crisis "timeline" (whatever that consists of these days admist Zero Hour/Hypertime/Infinite Crisis/etc.)... ;-)

Composite Superman
Supermen of America

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 07:30:46 PM »

Quote from: "davidelliott"
I recall, getting back to the timeline, that there was an issue of either Superboy or Adventure back in the late '50's/early '60's where Superboy was transformed into a Supergirl by an alien woman (women were the dominant gender on her planet).  Superboy was badmouthing girls and how they can't do anything boys could do, so he was taught a lesson..

This is from memory... I recall the art was definitely Sikela (Superboy looked like he was 8... when he was transformed into a girl, she looked like a fully developed 18 year old girl, but still looked and was young).  The secret ID was Claire or Clara Kent "Clarks's cousin who came to visit"

Does this count as a Supergirl for the timeline?

The character was called Super-Sister, but probably doesn't count, considering that Clark wasn't really transformed. It was a dream, induced by the alien feminist. Strangely enough, this Superboy story was one of the first I ever read, in an old reprint "80-page giant" I came across. Weird stuff.
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 08:20:15 PM »

Thanks... as mentioned it's been YEARS since I read the story...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L