superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:52:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Here  (Read 3433 times)
UKFan643
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: June 18, 2005, 06:06:03 AM »

Hello everyone.  This is my first post here and I need some help.  I'm interested in beginning a Superman comic collection beginning with the earliest.  I've heard some discussions about what the earliest comic is, and I'm trying to get a definitive answer.  If I wanted to collect every comic ever wrote about Superman starting with the first, which would I get?  Thanks for the help.

UKFan
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 07:34:02 AM »

That would be Action Comics #1 of course, it is extremely rare and at one point was worth one Million US dollars.

DC has many reprints and I would start with them, unless you are extremely rich and very lucky.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 07:24:42 AM »

Welcome!
You can find several reprints of AC #1, and if you want a complete collection of Superman's early years you have to buy the SUPERMAN ARCHIVES. They're high quality hardcovers. They're very expensive, too... Maybe you could wait a new reprint. Now DC is reprinting Batman's early issues in a series entitled BATMAN CHRONICLES. Good quality and low price... A must have! I hope that DC repeats this with the Man of Steel.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Mart
Superman Fan

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 07:17:59 PM »

I'm sure a Supie Chronicles is coming - the restored film is there,  there's a slightly wider audience for such a project than for the archives (Science Says: 'It's cheaper!) and DC exist to please us.

Er, don't they?

Me new here too. Me not actually Superbaby. Or Bizarro.

How ironic (choke)
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 05:40:10 AM »

Welcome's all around.  Cheesy

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Coldsam
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 04:33:15 AM »

If I was just starting my Superman collection, I would start with the Archive series, DC Archives Superman Vol.1 reprints Superman 1-4, which includes Superman's first five adventures in Action Comics. They have lowered the price of this volume of the archives to 20 dollars. Another great starting volume would be DC Archives Action Vol.1, this has the Superman stories that appeared in Action 1, Action 6-20.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L