superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERMAN #217  (Read 1970 times)
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« on: June 24, 2005, 05:34:26 PM »

Begins a new era for the Man of Steel, with the new team Mark Verheiden and Ed Benes aboard the flagship title.
Have you read this issue? I have bought it a couple days ago, and it's not bad.
I loved "For tomorrow", so replacing Azzarello and Lee is not easy... But I can say that the new authors could do a good work. It's odd to see Superman in a new Fortress, but I like this new setting (Puccalpa).
A well written, well drawn (Benes try to imitate Lee) story.
It seems that the Super titles never disappoint me...

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 04:06:52 PM »

I liked the new fortress but given the events in that issue, I believe we won't see that fortress again.  Superman feels responsible for attracting threats to that peaceful village and doesn't want to further endanger then.  I suspect we're going to see Superman living amongst many other peoples and have other fortress locations before this is played out.  Simone's Action Comics Superman has subsequently lived as one of an African tribe after this S #217 issue according to the AC blurb that it occurs afterwards.  That tends to support the idea Superman is looking for another way to fit in on Earth besides his Clark identity.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L