superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Batman Fan Site is On-Line  (Read 7720 times)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« on: June 24, 2005, 08:42:48 PM »

I just got my new Batman fan site on-line and you're all invited to come visit.  It's under construction, so bear with me, but ultimately I hope to have more stories and other goodies available.

Special...BIG...thanks to Great Rao for setting me up with server space.

http://batfan.superman.nu/

This looks like a job for...
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 04:21:54 AM »

Super-Cool!

A great-looking site, with a great appropriate and imaginative use of graphics and a breezy writing style.  I even like the "Coming Soon" pages.  I love the Joker's 5-Way Revenge: first read it in a DC Digest.  The Bronze Age was good after all.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 08:10:41 AM »

looks really great!

why no link to http://batman.superman.nu/

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 04:28:52 PM »

Looks great NightWing - now more on-line comics to read and since I dropped out circa 75 - lots acatching upto do.

No New Look Bats though? ........sigh...well that's Silver, not Bronze.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 12:56:52 PM »

Thanks for the kind words.  I figured a companion site to my Superman tribute was overdue.

re: the link to "Batman Through The Ages"...a pretty glaring oversight, eh?  I'll get right on it.

re: "Joker's 5-Way Revenge": I had the good fortune to stumble across this issue when it first came out, and the even better fortune to be with a generous grandmother at the time.  I still remember buying it at a Fredericksburg, VA five-and-dime and reading it over and over and over.  This was the story that convinced me Batman was a real person, and when I saw the Adam West movie on a Sunday night soon after, that cinched it.

But...it's been reprinted to death, and will be again in the fall.  So I'll probably never post it.

re: "New Look" Batman::  I decided to keep the focus on a narrow slice of time, even though I love the Golden Age, and the Adam West series, and consider Dick Sprang the greatest Bat-Artist of all time.  I didn't want to compete with BTTA...also the Bronze Age was the era when I discovered comics, and in the case of Batman it was serendipitous timing indeed.  Like the Superman site, I intend this to be more personal than authoritative.

Good news is I have lots of fun Silver Age and 80s stories I intend to scan and donate to BTTA's "Comics" section.  So stay tuned...

This looks like a job for...
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 08:43:30 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
I just got my new Batman fan site on-line and you're all invited to come visit.  It's under construction, so bear with me, but ultimately I hope to have more stories and other goodies available.

Special...BIG...thanks to Great Rao for setting me up with server space.

http://batfan.superman.nu/

Good stuff, Nightwing.

That's a great intro page!
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

Looks very promising, Nightwing.

Here's a link to a great site featuring all the major (and many of the minor) Golden and Silver Age Batman artists that you may want to include:

http://www.supermanartists.comics.org/batman/batwho.htm
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 01:21:06 PM »

I'm not sure I've ever said how much I enjoy your writing (on all sorts of subjects), Nightwing. The two most enjoyable articles about James Bond I ever read were yours, over on the ianfleming.org website: the "know-it-all" Bond article, and the one about Bond's "intuitive improvisation".

That's only one part of your work, but what all your little pop culture articles have in common is an easygoing accessibility... They are easy to read and very entertaining, the Bond ones being good examples, but this doesn't belie their genuine insights.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L