superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Batman Fan Site is On-Line  (Read 7714 times)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 08:20:19 PM »

What a nice thing to say, Aldous.  Thanks, I appreciate it.

Ironically, just before reading your post, I went to the old Bond site, noticed it still hasn't been updated since late May, and let out a mournful sigh for the good old days.  My fellow editors and I have wandered off to other pursuits and left poor old 007 in the dustbin, it seems.  But there was a time I just bubbling over with ideas for articles; writing, writing, writing to get them all out and having the time of my life with -- at last -- a platform from which to share the thoughts I'd had for years.  I got so many nice e-mails from those pieces, and met so many great Bond fans from all over the world.  Oh well.

I have to say -- with what sounds even to me like an appalling lack of modesty -- that sometimes I read my old stuff and think it's quite good, brilliant even.  The downside is that once a little time has passed and it's time to write again, I always think, "I can't write like that anymore!" Between job obligations and two kids in diapers, I'm frankly lucky to have enough brain cells to put a sentence together (unless it's "get off the coffee table!" or "stop hitting your brother!").  

I was inspired by Rao's BTTA site to do my own Batman tribute, but almost as soon as he agreed to give me the space I realized I'd bitten off more than I could chew.  I did have fun putting it together, design-wise, because that's something I can do in bits and pieces.  But in the last couple of weeks, I realized, "I'm going to need some written content, too," and so, dutifully...painfully, even...I hammered out what I've got up now...which ain't much.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on, but I do appreciate the kind words.  Makes the effort worth it.

This looks like a job for...
Chris Mortimore
Superman's Pal

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 08:26:59 PM »

It's a good site Nightwing.  Cool

There are some interesting articles on there about Batman, I look forward to reading more when you have the time to write.  :wink:

Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L