superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:50:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW Superman and friends Books for SEPTEMBER '05  (Read 5668 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: June 24, 2005, 08:55:28 PM »

SHAZAM/SUPERMAN: FIRST THUNDER #1 (OF 4)
Written by Judd Winick; Art and cover by Josh Middleton

Witness the first meeting of The Last Son of Krypton and Earth's Mightiest Mortal in this thrilling 4-issue miniseries written by Judd Winick (SUPERMAN: "Lightning Strikes," OUTSIDERS) with art by Josh Middleton (Nyx, New Mutants)! While Superman must stop members of a cult from stealing an ancient artifact from the Metropolis Natural History Museum, Captain Marvel must defeat giant robots rampaging through Fawcett City. When the same cult attempts to steal an artifact from a Fawcett City Museum, Superman drops by to lend a hand, and teams up with Captain Marvel against an all-new threat!

Superman  |  40pg.  |  Color  |  $3.50 US

On Sale September 7, 2005

KAMANDI ARCHIVES VOL. 1
Written by Jack Kirby; Art by Kirby and Mike Royer; Cover by Kirby

The first archive in a series collecting the adventures of Kamandi, the last boy on Earth, by Jack Kirby! In these tales from KAMANDI #1-10 (1972-1973), Kamandi —one of the few survivors of the Great Disaster — must make his way in a world populated by bizarre mutated animals and other strange wonders!

Archive Editions  |  244pg.  |  Color  |  Hardcover  |  $49.99 US

On Sale September 14, 2005

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN VOL. 1
Written by Jerry Siegel, Bill Finger and others; Art by Curt Swan, Dick Sprang and others; Cover by Swan and George Klein

Kicking off an exciting line of black-and-white reading library titles! This volume collects SUPERMAN #122-133 and ACTION COMICS #241-257, featuring the birth of the Silver Age Superman mythos, including the first appearances of Supergirl, Brainiac, the Fortess of Solitude and more!

DC Universe  |  560pg.  |  B&W  |  Softcover  |  $16.99 US

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN LANTERN VOL. 1
Written by John Broome and Gardner Fox; Art by Gil Kane, Joe Giella and Murphy Anderson; Cover by Kane and Giella

One of the first volumes in an all-new line of thick, black-and-white reading library titles! This volume collects the Silver Age classics SHOWCASE #22-24, GREEN LANTERN #1-17, featuring Hal Jordan's earliest adventures as Earth's Green Lantern!

DC Universe  |  528pg.  |  B&W  |  Softcover  |  $16.99 US

BATMAN ILLUSTRATED BY NEAL ADAMS VOL. 3
Written by Dennis O'Neil, Bob Haney, Len Wein and others; Art by Neal Adams and Dick Giordano; Cover by Adams

The extra-sized final volume collecting Neal Adams's acclaimed covers and stories featuring the Dark Knight! This volume includes material from BATMAN #232, #234, #237, #243-245 and #251, featuring Two-Face, the Joker, and more members of Batman's famed Rogues Gallery. Plus, two never-before- reprinted stories done for Peter Pan records and a sketchbook section showcasing Adams' advertising and custom comics work with the Caped Crusader!

Batman  |  280pg.  |  Color  |  Hardcover  |  $49.99 US

On Sale September 28, 2005

SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT
Written by Mark Waid; Art and cover by Leinil Yu and Gerry Alanguilan

A new softcover edition collecting the 12-issue miniseries that features the entire modern-day retelling of Superman by writer Mark Waid and artists Leinil Francis Yu and Gerry Alanguilan. Plus, an introduction by Smallville television producers Al Gough and Miles Millar and a sketchbook section!

Superman  |  304pg.  |  Color  |  Softcover  |  $19.99 US

On Sale September 28, 2005

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
The Rokyn
Superman Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 03:51:12 AM »

Thanx for the info!!!!!

The Rokyn

I am The Rokyn. You are a Rokyn. We are all Rokyns. But, i chose the name first so you can just call me "The Rokyn."  Rokyn means "gift of God"                

The Rokyn
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 04:30:22 PM »

Will Kamandi be B&W or colour?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 04:40:12 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Will Kamandi be B&W or colour?

It says Color which I guessing means the same thing as Colour Wink  :twisted: Tongue

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 05:35:54 PM »

Thanks Beppo! :wink:
The Rokyn
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 11:33:01 PM »

hey is there anyway we could get some of those books mailed to us???

let me know,

thanx,

S!  The Rokyn S!

I am The Rokyn. You are a Rokyn. We are all Rokyns. But, i chose the name first so you can just call me "The Rokyn."  Rokyn means "gift of God"                

The Rokyn
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 01:05:05 AM »

Quote from: "The Rokyn"
hey is there anyway we could get some of those books mailed to us???

Yes, just buy them at any on-line comic shop for the comics or any on-line bookstore for the TPBs.

- Elliot S! Maggin
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 08:20:35 AM »

The SHOWCASEs and BIRTHRIGHT will be mine!

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L