superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What PAD wanted to do after #80  (Read 13949 times)
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« on: March 21, 2003, 07:02:07 PM »

Peter David was hoping that Supergirl wouldn't be cancelled, and he had plans for how the story would have continued past issue #80.

See http://peterdavid.malibulist.com/gmlog/00000325.html for details.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Ric-El
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 09:53:39 PM »

Blonde Justice....sounds cool.

lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 09:43:43 PM »

Now that would have been fun!

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Mike-El
Supergirl Fan
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 05:36:38 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, they can keep that blob or protoplasm Supergirl.  The only REAL Supergirl is Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin.  I hope the new movie will be based on that one.
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 11:26:49 PM »

Yippeee! *i don't know i why i said that but ifelt like saying it**

"Fly  high to the sky"-(Me)
"I LOVE flying. I just don't like airplanes"-(Supergirl   to Charlie)
"Why can't you be more normal. Like me."-(Supergirl to Superman)
**got the last 2 quotes from SGPI Jason Friokin

Psi
Superman's Pal

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 03:45:43 PM »

...wow.  There wasn't a blob of protoplasm Supergirl since issue 1 of PADs Supergirl run.   I dont' think anyone has to worry about Matrix.  

Then again... Kara never existed until Superman/Batman #8.  So my guess is that Linda Danvers deserved it just as much.  She earned it after all.  Kara only got it cause her cousin is Superman *L*  kidding.
JeebusToad
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 10:30:56 PM »

When I clicked on the link, the page was not found.

Can anyone briefly (or in-depth) tell me what Peter David's plans would have been, post-SG #80?
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 11:31:05 PM »

JeebusToad, originally "Many Happy Returns" was NOT supposed to end with Kara being sent back into the past and a shattered Linda resigning.  Even though DC permitted Peter David only SIX issues with Kara Zor-El, he wanted to keep her alive past #80 and have Kara, Linda and Power Girl team up as "Blonde Justice".  

It's unclear how Peter David would have rescued Kara.  It's clear that he considered that Supergirl to be THE Silver Age version who later died in the Crisis, and not some Hypertime variant.  (However, Linda DID inadvertantly create a new Hypertime or alternate timeline Earth-1 when she tried to take Kara's place -- finally the differences became too great for the Spectre to substitute Linda into the Crisis.)  Or perhaps instead of Linda knocking her out, Kara grimly volunteers to fulfill her destiny (that would eliminate a lot of Linda's guilt) and ANOTHER Kara joins Linda and Power Girl.  This one could be another prisoner in Lord Xenon's castle, a Hypertime clone (just like the Zero Hour Batgirl was originally intended to replace the crippled Barbara Gordon!), a reincarnated Kara, an older Ariella, or...?  So far, Peter David has kept silent on his original solution.

Peter David was hoping that Kara's appearance would spark enough reader interest for DC to reverse their position and keep both her and the Supergirl comic alive.  But it's now obvious that DC was set on another course, dropping the Supergirl title in favor of Cir-El.  When Cir-El flopped (after being the target of wrath by both outraged Kara AND Linda fans) DC did an about-face and created a new post-Birthright Kara.  But it was this lost opportunity to have both Linda and the original Kara that still annoys many fans.

DTO
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L