superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:02:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L&C - Season One  (Read 14013 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« on: June 26, 2005, 04:34:29 PM »

Just watched 3 eps - the pilot, strange visitor and the panic in the sky re-deux...YEAH baby!

Delivers the goods where Smallville is just one big loooooooooong tease.

John Shea is a great unrepetant master of evil Luthor. Dean & Hatcher's chemistry is top notch and the writing fun.

Whatever  happened to Deborah Joy Levine - the producer?
Lois Lane
Superman Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 07:17:49 AM »

I believe she was let go or maybe even fired. It had something to do with different writers butting heads or something like that. I can't quite remember my LnC behind the scenes history. lol!

"Very attractive. Young for a woman in her position." (Clark)
"Typical." (Lois)
"What?" (Clark)
"Typical male response." (Lois)
"Lois, trust me on this, I'm_not_your typical male." (Clark)

[Pilot, LnC]
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 02:20:08 PM »

I also heard she was let go.  Due to ABC wanting to go in a different direction and she not wanting that.
The first year was the best year.  After that it was way too uneven.

Lois Lane
Superman Fan

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 01:01:23 AM »

I think the first two seasons of Lois & Clark were really good. The third and fourth seasons were hit and miss with certain episodes but I believe the fourth season was better than the third.

I'm what you call a "super" fan of L&C so all in all I enjoy the show immensely and I can't find anything to really complain about it. I was one of those people who was absolutely heartbroken TPTB canceled us out of a Season 5.
  Sad

"Typical." (Lois)
"What?" (Clark)

[Pilot, LnC]
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 05:21:32 AM »

All I know is whatcing the first season so far they;rte batting a 99 through Green Green rocks of Home.

Smart kids was a dud.

Lex &  Perry are aces! Smiley
Lois Lane
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 05:43:37 AM »

I can't argue on that one. "Smart Kids," is one of my least favorite episodes. lol! :wink:

"Typical." (Lois)
"What?" (Clark)

[Pilot, LnC]
lucky devil
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 02:02:26 PM »

I'm a really big fan of LnC just like you guys but I live in the Netherlands. Now I have a question. When comes the first season on dvd in europe?
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 08:09:29 PM »

Quote from: "DoctorZero"
I also heard she was let go.  Due to ABC wanting to go in a different direction and she not wanting that.
The first year was the best year.  After that it was way too uneven.

One of the big conflicts was about getting Lois & Clark together in the first place.  

LeVine didn't want them even really getting together until the 5th season, way off in the horizon, and wanted marriage as the series finale whenever that would happen.  I remember an interview at the time where she talked about learning a lesson from Moonlighting.  

But, the pinheads at DC, who already had them engaged for a few years (sustaining romantic tension was outside their world view) were eager to get them married.  Creative bankruptcy being what it is, they struggled with how to have the wedding not happen before the TV show launch, as they wanted the comic book and TV series to have a wedding at the same time (this before the TV series was filmed and they had a clue on what it would be like and how it would appeal).  This led to the Doomsday "Death of Superman" arc, which turned out to be successful beyond their wildest dreams.  When they eventually brought Superman back like they had to, they were really in a bind to do The Next Big Thing to maintain the sales momentum, which led them back on the marriage kick.  

In general, there was an expectation that the TV show would be more "action" and less "romance", and the Powers That Be just never figured out what made the show tick, and screwed it up totally.  Canning LeVine was just another part of that.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L