superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:06:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L&C - Season One  (Read 14106 times)
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 10:21:05 PM »

"Lois & Clark", alongside MAN OF STEEL, made me a Superman fan.
In the last issue of the Italian Superman monthly series I have written an article about this serial... And I know that, without "Lois & Clark", I couldn'a have been there to write an article about... "Lois & Clark"!
Continuity paradoxes in the real life. Heh.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
living not existing
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 08:59:07 PM »

I also heard she was let go.  Due to ABC wanting to go in a different direction and she not wanting that.
The first year was the best year.  After that it was way too uneven.

That would explain the decline of the series.

They recast Jimmy Olsen, which I did not appreciate. Cat Grant is also unwritten out, as if she never existed. Then they 'killed' Lex Luthor because they felt that (I'm paraphrasing) "we've always seen Lex Luthor..." excuse. And than they proceed to give us terrible, uninteresting villains. John Shea could of been the only villain in the entire show's run, he was that amazing as Lex Luthor. I missed Cat Grant mainly because the Daily Planet felt like a real newsroom with minor but reappearing characters.

I can't argue on that one. "Smart Kids," is one of my least favorite episodes. lol! :wink:

Mine either. But it had Dean Cain do an amazing Clark Kent-to-Superman transition.
jayce77
Superman's Pal

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 05:09:04 AM »

I enjoyed Lois and Clark as a run. It was just dumb, yuk yuk soapy fun. Dean Cain could'nt act his way outa a box, but I did especially like the first season, the freshness of the cast and the stories, that being said I think it started to jump the shark not that long into season 2.
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »

The first season might've been the best season, but I thought Justin Whalin fit the role of Jimmy better when he took over the part. I've always wondered why Jimmy seems to be cast with older actors--he should be a teen! Whalin maybe wasn't a teen, but he played younger.

Also, while Cat Grant was a pretty good character I never warmed to Tracy Scoggins, so I wasn't sorry to see her go.

And I felt like Lex was overexposed. it would have been good to have John Shea in a recurring role, but I didn't want him to be a constant presence.

It did seem like the budget was being cut in the second season, with these cast changes, and the scripts got progressively worse as the series went on. But I thought Cain and Hatcher became more comfortable in their roles in the second season. So in a lot of ways this was a better season than the first.

India Ink
jayce77
Superman's Pal

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »

The first season might've been the best season, but I thought Justin Whalin fit the role of Jimmy better when he took over the part. I've always wondered why Jimmy seems to be cast with older actors--he should be a teen! Whalin maybe wasn't a teen, but he played younger.

I agree somewhat. I liked both of'em actually. They had there annoying moments. But that was the show.

Also, while Cat Grant was a pretty good character I never warmed to Tracy Scoggins, so I wasn't sorry to see her go.

I don't really remember Tracy Scoggins ( been so long since I watched this show ) But although Kat was hot, I never really understood her as a character? Are why she was there?

And I felt like Lex was overexposed. it would have been good to have John Shea in a recurring role, but I didn't want him to be a constant presence.

I love him as lex. As I remember, there were many episodes in the first season that he was not a big part of. I liked his overshawdowing presence to everything, it gave the show a center and nicely tied everything together. I certain prefer it to the ill concieved and unfocused season's after that.

It did seem like the budget was being cut in the second season, with these cast changes, and the scripts got progressively worse as the series went on. But I thought Cain and Hatcher became more comfortable in their roles in the second season. So in a lot of ways this was a better season than the first.

I do remember the 2nd season's effects not being as good as the first ( not that they were always terriffic ) And Yes I do remember them seeming more at ease with each other as the show went on. Overall I remember the 1st season being the best, but that did'nt mean that every detail was better.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:36:18 PM by jayce77 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L