superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman's Death  (Read 8994 times)
Digi Dog
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: June 26, 2005, 08:28:07 PM »

Sorry Guys, I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, but i just recently found my copy of 'The Death of Superman', and i can't for the life of me remember what happens afterwards.  Like, I remeber that thousands of DC heroes come to Metropolis for Supe's funeral, and I rememer Batman taking care of the streets for a while, but anything else is a blank.  

How does Superman come back to life?
The Rokyn
Superman Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 11:30:17 PM »

50 years later, superman is brought back to life as a robot. scientists brought him back to life. personally, i dont like the whole idea of superman being a robot but anyway, thats what happens.

if you have anymore questions just ask,

The Rokyn

I am The Rokyn. You are a Rokyn. We are all Rokyns. But, i chose the name first so you can just call me "The Rokyn."  Rokyn means "gift of God"                

The Rokyn
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 01:09:11 AM »

Quote from: "The Rokyn"
50 years later, superman is brought back to life as a robot. scientists brought him back to life. personally, i dont like the whole idea of superman being a robot but anyway, thats what happens.
 if you have anymore questions just ask,

WHAT?? That never happen.

Please do not make stuff up.

You can find out what really happen here: http://www.supermanhomepage.com

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 05:46:34 AM »

Reports of Superman's death have been greatly exagerated.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 08:06:12 AM »

Superman is a living solar energy battery. So, the Eradicator saved his body still filled with a few energy and put it in a machine that could restore his power.
Meanwhile, Pa Kent saved Kal's soul when he was dying for an heart attack. Jonathan survived, but there was no sight of his son.
Weeks later, the machines of the Fortress and this event made Superman back to life.
Superman knew the truth thanks to Dr. Occult.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 04:03:07 PM »

Minor correction: The Eradicator used a Kryptonian Regeneration Matrix to help heal Kal-El's fatal injuries.  The matrix regeneration was assisted by the yellow solar energy environment of Earth.  The fortress drew upon extra yellow sun energy to help restore Superman and this nearly overloaded the fortress' systems if Kal hadn't been disgorged from the matrix.  Kal-El was well and truly categorically dead.  Only the Eradicator's matrix in the yellow sun environment which restored his body, and Jonathan's recovering Clark's soul in the afterlife made it possible for Superman to be revived.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 10:09:52 PM »

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 10:23:24 PM »

But in comic book time, he was dead for a very short amount of time. Less time than say...Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Ras al Ghul, Jason Todd, or even Aunt May. So his death wasn't a big deal.

For him to have a funeral as big as he did was too much. Pre-Crisis, it would have made sense, because he was the first superhero. Post-Crisis, he was not the first "meta-human" and had been in Metropolis less than 10 years. And they should know by now that nobody stays dead...heck, none of Superman's villians did!

The storyline did  draw new fans to the Superman comics, who stayed until Zero Hour the next year.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L